high school au part 1

September 1st, 2003. 

First day of freshman year!

This would surely be oodles better than the tragedy that was middle school. I mean, could it really get worse than getting invited to a sleepover only for it to be a bunch of girls trying to sacrifice you to Satan so their boobs would get bigger? I think not. 

Leeroy didn't think so, either. He popped the collar of his minimalist-yet-stylish jacket and loaded off the bus. A girl from the previously mentioned sleepover spotted him from across the room and flashed crazy eyes at him. Leeroy simply waved and smiled, making a mental note to stay FAR away from her and all her crazy friends. 

His eyes fell upon the giant building and all the students that were clobbering each other to get inside, and he got a little excited. So many people... so many opportunities to make friends, such a big chance for him to find that EPIC HIGH SCHOOL ROMANCE that that one super old movie, Heathers, was all about. 

It wasn't just the people that excited him, either. It was the fact that he had turned 14 just at the end of June--the official teenage age. Everybody knows that 13-year-olds didn't count as "teenagers" because they were much too ignorant and small to be grouped in with the adults (also known as 16-year-olds). 

Leeroy dialed his psychotic grin down to just a simple, calm smile and entered the building. He smelled the smell of high school dreams and potential, mixed with something deadly coming from the cafeteria. People were chattering all over the hallways; they were meeting up with old friends, high-fiving teachers, bullying their inferiors... 

wait... bullying??!?! 

THAT'S SOMETHING ONLY UN-RAD PEOPLE DID! 

Leeroy gripped his backpack tighter and made a beeline for a group of three people--two girls and a boy--who were tormenting a lowly art teacher. 

"... And you think you're so good at art?! Huh?! I'm 4 years younger than you and I can draw this!" the boy said, stretching out his hand. The second-in-command, a girl with wine colored hair, reached into the boy's backpack and pulled out an old sketchbook, placing it in the boy's hand. 

"Here you go, Mammon," the girl sassed, whipping her hair around her head. 

"Thanks a lot, Creep," Mammon replied, snatching the sketchbook and beginning to flip through every page. His brown, flowing, soft hair bounced in the fluorescent light as he did so. "You see this, Ms. LOSER?! This is what real art looks like!" 

All the second girl did was stand there with her arms crossed, nodding her head.

Leeroy leaned off to the side and caught a glimpse of the art that "Mammon" was showing off to the teacher. It all looked like headshots of anthropomorphic animals or hot men with the occasional titty-haver popping up. Mammon had clearly taken the time to properly color each of them, though, as they glowed with the vibrance of a true artist. The teacher simply cowered. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she cried. "I have no idea what's going on! I just went to college for 4 years and now this is happening!" 

Mammon snickered, finally reaching the end of his sketchbook. He closed it with pizzaz and handed it to the one called "Creep." 

"You just got SCHOOLED!" they said in unison. The second girl just nodded her head like Rigby from Regular Show.  

"Hey, that's not cool," Leeroy said, remembering that he came over here to prevent the bullying from happening. Was there really any bullying, though? It was more like Mammon and his groupies were aggressively showing off their fanart. "Are you okay, Ms...?"

The art teacher blinked at Leeroy, fear in her eyes. "I'm Ms. Lipton," she finally shook out. "Thanks?... I... I'm so confused...." She shrunk farther down the lockers. 

Leeroy stepped closer and offered a helping hand. "You should be able to teach us art in peace," he remarked, glancing over at his peers. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all. I look forward to learning art from you, Ms. Lipton." Mammon was staring all like 

while Creep and the other girl stood in complete disbelief

while Creep and the other girl stood in complete disbelief. All mean-girl style. You get what I'm saying. 

Ms. Lipton looked up at Leeroy before taking his hand. "Thank you... student." Leeroy hoisted her up, nearly losing his balance as he did so, and sent her on her way. A fellow nerd, who watched the whole thing happen from a mere 5 feet away, applauded. 

"Woah!" he said. Leeroy winked at him and he disappeared in to the bathroom a giggling mess. 

"I bet you think you're hot shit, don't you?" Mammon said, his groupies forming a poster-style pose behind him. "We're the ones that run this school, not some pathetic freshman who clearly has no taste in art."

"Yeah, we run this school!" Creep echoed, grabbing a random bystander. "You! It's your lucky day! Kiss me!" She puckered her lips and leaned for a full-on smooch session with this random stranger. He paused before placing a hand over her lips. 

"Uh... thanks? Here..." He kissed the palm of his other hand and lightly dabbed it on her cheek. Creep stood there, completely stunned. "Can you let me go, now? I have a class I need to get to. You know... biology. It's really important." 

Creep let go of him, and Leeroy ran forward to catch him before he fell to the ground, but this mysterious bystander actually had good coordination and caught himself. 

"Thanks for the thought," he said, smiling at Leeroy. "I'll talk to you guys later!" And with that, Leeroy's knight in shining armor ran off into the sunset, his flowing hair glistening in the sunlight, riding on a pony made of pure gold, and...!

"My point still stands," Creep said, lightly touching where he had "kissed" her, her attention also pulled towards him. Mammon rolled his eyes. 

"The point, Creep, is that we run this school, and not even this little fly can tell us what we can or can't do." 

He seemed like he wanted to go on, but he got interrupted by the school-bell blaring loudly. 

"... but the bell certainly can," Mammon grumbled. "Have fun at the loser ceremony for pathetic baby freshman, little fly." He waved his hand daintily, all mean-girl style, before Creep finally stuffed the sketchbook back into his backpack and the three of them went down the hallway. 

Leeroy found his way to the gym. Later, he found out the name of that random bystander: Charles Roach.