i'll let go in 60 years.

Leeroy rubbed the sleep from his eyes and stood to look out of the enormous window. He could nearly see all of Pentagram City from his room in the Vee's Tower. He pressed his face against the glass and stared into the soul of every individual that was unfortunate enough to be walking the streets at this hour, learning their names, deepest secrets, current moods...

.... but he didn't really care about that. All the information he gathered went right past his head. Sighing, Leeroy pulled himself away from the window and moved over to the next. Perhaps he had been unlucky enough to spawn in on the worst part of town. As expected, every individual that ran across his bug-eyed stare was feeling miserable, horny, or both, but....

But he still wasn't there.

Ever since Leeroy had gotten his position as VoxTech's 2nd in command 8 years ago, he had been faithfully checking the city every day for a certain Charles Roach. He had still been alive when Leeroy met an untimely demise, and he was such a perfect, kind, caring, responsible soul that the chances of him ending up in Hell were slim, but Leeroy couldn't help but hang onto that hope that he would see him again.

"Uh, Lee?" A familiar television voice knocked on the now open door, pulling Leeroy out of his expository state. The fly brushed off his VoxTech pajamas and ran his fingers through his hair before turning to face his boss.

"Yes, sir?"

"Your wings are still twitching," Vox said, coldly. Leeroy quickly used his second pair of arms to grab onto them, not even realizing that his unease had manifested itself like that.

"Sorry about that," Leeroy apologized. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Surely there must've been something the television overlord needed. It was barely 5 in the morning.

Vox pushed his way into the bedroom, not caring about personal space. He held up a stack of papers and flipped through them gently as he looked down at them. "There's been an incident with your little girlfriend, Tick, and I'd like you to go take care of it for us as soon as possible."

Leeroy was staring out of the window again, barely paying attention to what Vox was saying. A new arrival fell from the sky and Leeroy quickly pressed his face against the window to check out who it was. Could it be...?

No. It was just some girl named Amy. He sighed before Vox grabbed him by the shoulders and spun him around. It was almost thrilling, as Vox stood nearly a foot above Leeroy.

"Are you even listening to me?!" Vox demanded. "She's going around making electronic--" he cut himself off. He suddenly laughed a bit before brushing some invisible dust from off Leeroy's shoulders. "That's the problem with you and Val: I can never tell where you're looking."

Leeroy was, again, focused on the window. "I'm looking for someone," he said.

"If I help you find this someone, will you finally stop being such a creep and actually do your job for once?" Vox asked, letting go of Leeroy.

Leeroy raised an eyebrow at Vox. One of Leeroy's main jobs was to find people, after all, he was the one that introduced spying into the VoxTech brand. Vox would never be able to find someone without his help.

"I don't think you'll be able to help me find him," Leeroy uttered.

Vox rolled his eyes. "And why is that?" he asked, the television filter becoming more noticeable in his voice.

"I don't even know if he's dead yet," Leeroy said, bluntly, turning his head to another new arrival. It still wasn't Charles.

Vox chuckled in his throat. "You're telling me that you're distracted over someone that you don't even know is in hell yet??"

"We were lovers back on earth. Kind of," Leeroy trailed off.

"Oh, please, and you think he'd still be into you after all these years? It's time to move on, kid, you're DEAD to him," Vox mocked, stepping back and dropping the giant stack of papers onto Leeroy's desk. "Gotta say, though, I love the dedication. Just put more of it into your job."

Leeroy took one last glance out the window. Nothing new had happened. "... yes, sir."

Vox smiled. "There it is~. Also, I need you to go to a meeting with Carmilla for me at 4. I'll be busy. Bye!" The television shut the door behind himself, leaving Leeroy alone in his room.

"I'll move on if he's still not here within the next 60 years, thank you," he said, begrudgingly. He sat down at his desk and flipped through the pages, losing himself in another daydream about Charles.