Chapter 8: The Secret 🔅 (Maeve)

Nerdes looked around with uneasy eyes

"Isn't it late?"

We took turns looking at each other. I guess most of us disagreed with Nerdes.

"It's only half past 11," Saphire said. "I think we can sit a little longer."

"The weather is beautiful, Nerdes, you will never find an evening like this again," said Kselia, put her elbows on the table and began to play with a lock of her blue hair with her right hand, wrapping it around her finger.

Nerdes rolled his eyes. "Oh, what a weather..."

He stood up. "I'm going to go to bed. Have fun, guys."

He left the camellia, hitting the table hard.

Everyone was looking at me.

"It's not my fault," I said. "He was nervous ever since we sat down. He didn't leave because of me."

“Never mind, Maeve,” Heksar said. "You don't need to explain, you didn't do anything."

I took a deep breath and blew it out.

"You know Nerdes," Heksar continued. "It's a little thing..."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Aggressive?"

Heksar snapped his fingers. "That's exactly why."

He looked at me and smiled. "Come with me for a while."

I smiled back at Heksar. "Let me come."

We stood up. Heksar put his arm around my shoulder. We started walking towards the mansion. The reflection of the bright moon above us illuminated the water of the fountain ahead.

“Maeve,” Hexar said. "Can you keep a secret?"

I looked into Heksar's eyes. He was smiling.

I smiled back at him. "You can trust me."

"Look," Heksar said, putting his hand to his chin. "Don't worry too much about Nerdes."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't care anyway. He's not feeling well right now, I know."

Heksar snapped his fingers again. "That's the whole point."

I narrowed my eyes at Heksar. "I don't understand."

Heksar looked around as if he was about to say something top secret. Then he leaned towards me.

"What a lover," he whispered. "There is a girl... The child who was shot..."

I lifted my shoulders. "Love is a very natural feeling, it is not something to be exaggerated."

Hexar stopped. "The same is not the case for Nerdes."

I raised my eyebrows and waited for an explanation.

Heksar leaned a little closer to my ear. "He likes a naughty Raven, Maeve."

I widened my eyes and couldn't control my mouth.

"What!?" I whispered, in the lowest tone I could whisper in that surprise. "Really?"

Heksar sat up and shook his head. "Really, dude."

I closed my mouth. We were silent for a while.

Curiosity was gnawing at me.

I returned to Heksar.

"Who?"

Hexar smiled.

“Who,” I repeated. "Who who who likes who!?"

Hexar laughed. "Don't hear that from me."

He gently grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me to the right. "That's enough for today. Good night, Maeve."

I smiled. "To you too."

As I turned away, a question came to my mind. I quickly ran after him.

"Hexar!"

Heksar turned around and looked at me. "Sir?"

While running, I wrapped the piece of hair that fell on my face around my ear. "Where did you learn this?"

Heksar squared his shoulders. "I don't know."

I hit Heksar on the shoulder. "Come on! There's no way you don't know!"

Hexar laughed. "I saw it with my own eyes, Maeve."

I raised my eyebrows. "Yah..."

"They were hugging."

I pressed my lips together and raised my eyebrows. "I am shocked."

Heksar smiled and clapped me on the shoulder twice. "Sleep well tonight and forget everything I told you tomorrow."

I laughed. "Ok."

I was smiling as I went to my room.