Chapter 13: Cages 🔅 (Pleier)

The first thing I did when I woke up in the morning was to check the cages

Yes, cages.

I went down to the basement floor. My nose involuntarily wrinkled. This place smelled awful. A sour, pungent, nauseating, dizzying disgusting odor.

You can find almost anything you are looking for in the basement of Raven Mansion in a few seconds. If you don't feel like walking to the market, you can just go down a few steps and visit our basement, if you have a strong nose. If you don't trust your nose very much, I wouldn't recommend going down to the basement, this smell can knock you out.

Because it smells so bad in here.

Just like a sewer.

In fact, I think someone might even be secretly defecating here.

Jokes aside, this odor problem is really serious.

Because it disturbs everyone and the basement has become almost uninhabitable.

Our mansion is in the lower reaches. And this place gets a lot of rainfall. Once the rainwater spreads here, water begins to leak into the basement. It leaks and it leaks.

A lot of items made of iron are stored in the basement. Spears, arrows, swords, daggers and every other iron equipment you can think of.

When rainwater begins to leak into the basement and accumulates on the equipment and dries, the irons begin to rust and retain moisture.

It's so disgusting. Then they get mouldy.

Mold.

The basement is almost unstoppable because of mold. Wretched.

I went into the basement holding my nose. WRETCHED! Even covering my nose didn't help, it was as if the smell was penetrating under my skin and coming out into my nose. My eyes were burning.

I was quick to catch up. I unlocked my closet, took out my two spears, and immediately went to the corner of the basement.

Yes. I'm hiding something.

Not just from the Phoenixes.

I'm hiding something from the Ravens, too.

I dipped my spear under the stone in the corner and removed the stone. The stone was heavy. I took a deep breath and bent down to the ground.

There was a gap under the stone.

A long, deep void.

Yes, it's a tunnel. The tunnel whose excavation I completed last week.

The tunnel was narrow. Because it wasn't supposed to be noticed.

I went down.

Carefully. Paying attention to my every move.

As we went downstairs, we started hearing voices. Sounds resembling roaring and grunting. Voices that didn't sound very happy to me.

I landed. I went down further and further. The lair was never ending.

Of course, I didn't do this for fun. If I didn't have to hide them long enough, I wouldn't dig the tunnel so deep anyway.

But they... They make a lot of noise.

After about two more minutes of descending the dark tunnel, my feet finally touched the ground.

I was approaching them. The voices had become much louder and I could no longer tolerate the voices. I couldn't even hear my thoughts.

“Damn,” I said. "Lower your voice a little!"

As my eyes got used to the darkness, I easily found the whip I left on the wooden stool when I landed last time and took it in my hand.

"Okay," I mumbled. "So that's what you want, huh!?"

I moved forward.

"HEY!" I shouted. The voices stopped. "STOP!"

While cracking the whip in my palm, I started going back and forth in front of the cages.

"You," I said. "You won't be of any use at this rate..."

After throwing a sly smile at the cages, I started to tear apart the sheep hanging on the rope behind me.

"Who wants to win the war," I said.

Fires started to rise from the cages.

Yes. They were breathing fire.

I laughed. "Good..."

I started tearing off random sized pieces of meat from the sheep and throwing them into the cages every few seconds.

Raw mutton... Raw meat turned animals wild.

So make dragons wild too...

"Okay," I said and rubbed my hands together to clean them. "See you tomorrow."

Satisfied with what I had done, I put the whip back on the stool and went up the tunnel.