~ Prologue ~

Lizie woke up, lying on a cold floor. All around her was black. She sat up, taking the time to look around in bewilderment.
   -What the fuck is going on here?

   She stood up, rubbing her hands against her arms. She was freezing. To tell the truth, she wasn't covered up very much.
   She turned her attention to the floor. A stained glass window, depicting a woman in a green dress.
   -... That's in really bad taste... You should change both the dress and the colour!

   Lizie was a fairly energetic schoolgirl - a little too energetic, according to some. She had brown hair with tangled blue tips and a spike. Her eyes were also blue.
   -But where's my jacket?! It's freezing!

   She stopped suddenly at the sound of a voice.

   It's about time...

   -Isn't there?

   And so little time.

   -Who's talking to me?

   But don't hurry.

   -Come and face me!

   Don't be scared.

   -Like...

   The door is always closed.

   -You're scared, aren't you? You don't want to face me, do you?! Wait, wait, wait. You woke me up, didn't you? Did I wake you up, you voice of shit?! Come on ! Show yourself!
   She started moving around, looking for this mysterious voice, warming herself up at the same time. She was already sick of being here and just wanted to sleep.

   Once she was in the centre of the stained glass window, lit by a faint glow, three plinths appeared.

   The power is in you.

   If you give it form...

   It will give you its strength.

   Choose wisely.

   On each of these pedestals was an object. A sword, a shield and a sceptre.
   -What's that thing? A rattle? Do you think I'm a child, you voice of shit? I'm fifteen years old!
   Annoyed, she approached the sword, the most interesting thing in her eyes. If someone bothered her, she could at least defend herself.

   As she picked up the weapon, the voice began to speak again.

   The power of the warrior.

   Invincible courage.

   A sword of destructive power.

   -Destructive?! Too good!
   The sword disappeared into his hands.
   -What the...? Huh?! My knife! Give it back!

   What will you give up in exchange?

   -Get out of my way! I want my knife back! Why did you take it from me?!
   There was no reply. She sighed, annoyed, before picking up the sceptre.

   The power of the mystic.

   Inner strength.

   A powerful, magical sceptre.

   Without really listening, she threw him over her shoulder.
   -Give me back my knife!

   Suddenly, she heard a crack
followed by a loud noise. Turning round, she saw the ground shatter.
   -Is it really that fragile? I just threw a fucking rattle... !
   Lizie fell to the floor, not quite understanding why.

   -Install lifts in the future!Going down like that hurts! But how can I still be alive?!
   She got to her feet for the second time. At her feet was another stained-glass window, this time featuring a woman in a blue dress.
   -What's with all the dresses though... !

   She rubbed her wild hair in annoyance before huffing at the voice.

   You've acquired the power to fight.

   Lizie refrained from shouting at the presence of the voice. She just wanted to sleep and didn't see what the fuss was about.

   The sword that had disappeared into thin air appeared in the brunette's hands, along with strange black creatures emerging from the ground.
   -Haha... I don't know what's more bizarre at the moment... What are those things?!

   You'll have to fight a lot...

   Against those who covet your power.

   -What's that? No, but... Hold on, hold on! I'm not ready!
   The young girl narrowly dodged an attack from one of the creatures. She clutched her weapon tightly and awkwardly, then struck back with her sword. The creature disappeared.
   Having realised this, the brunette struck the others, although she was hit several times, which was painful. Unfortunately, the monsters became more and more numerous, and some hid in the ground to move more quickly. Then, all the creatures did the same, disappearing at the same time.
   -You're... You're afraid... of my power... aren't you? exclaimed the breathless girl.
   Lizie didn't show off for long. The ground went completely black, and she sank in quite quickly. She tried to struggle, but to no avail. She stretched out her hand above her, seeing the faint glow, but ended up seeing only blackness.

   She finished struggling when she felt the cold ground of another stained glass window, yellow this time.
   She remained on the ground, panting, without moving. She had thought she would die. But once she'd cleared her head, she let out a confident smile.
   -Haha! I'm still alive! You'll never catch me haha!

   She got to her feet, staggering a little. She made her way towards the centre of the stained glass window, where the voice played again.

   The closer you get to the light, the bigger your shadow gets.

   -Was he pleasing?
   She looked around before finding her shadow emerging from the floor.
   -Oe...
   It started to deform, to get bigger.
   -You've got to be kidding me...
  Lizie was no longer smarting from the titanic monster in front of her. All she could do was back away. Even the sword in her hand wasn't helping, given that she could barely hold on.
   Without having the time to understand her situation, she saw the creature suddenly approach her hand. Her only reflex was to parry the attack with her arms. She felt as if she were plunged into darkness, finding it suffocating. She could no longer fight back.

   Open your eyes!

   Don't give up!

   You can't do this! You can't do this!

   You can't now!