Chapter 6 ~Being a Hero~

Sora, Donald, Goofy and Lizie arrived in a world where a certain warmth could be felt. This world consisted of a large sandy courtyard, with a building facing them.
   Sora walked straight to a painting while Lizie played with the sand. She was making piles and drawings in it, despite her poor talent in this area, before kicking it with her feet, destroying what she was doing.
   -Fights are being organised! remarked the brunette.
   -And? sighed the brunette and blue
   -We could take part!
   Without waiting for Donald and Goofy to agree, he entered the building. The young girl put one last kick in the sand before running off after him.

   Unlike the outside, the inside of the building was cool, which was much more pleasant for everyone. The group looked around and spotted a goat. The shaggy-haired boy approached it.
   -Excuse me...?
   -Ha! Perfect timing! Give me a hand. Move that pedestal over there, will you? I've got to get this place ready for the games.
   Sora looked at the plinth in bewilderment. It seemed heavy to him. Despite this, he tried to move it by pushing and pulling. Nothing. He was joined by his friends, trying to move it two, three or four times. But the stone wouldn't move an inch.

   -It's impossible, it's too heavy! The dark-haired man finally complained
   -What?! Too heavy?! But when you became a wimp!
   The goat turned around, realising that it wasn't the man he thought he was talking to. As for Lizie, she put her hands on her hips.
   -Say again? Who's the wimp?!
   -Who are you? I thought you were someone else!
   The animal climbed down from the pedestal it was standing on and approached the group, making Donald stand back.
   -This is the Coliseum reserved for heroes! And I'm swamped with preparations for the games! So get a move on, you punk!
   Sora pouted and Lizie got really angry.
   -You're calling me a midget, you germ! I want to tell you that I'm bigger than you! Come here, I'll show you how small I am, you goat cheese!

   In her irritation, she took out her Keyblade and approached the animal, only to be held back by her comrade.
   -Let me make dog paste out of that! she shouted.
   -That's not a good idea! Cacana Donald.
   -Tch!
   She freed herself and went off to sulk in her corner at the back of the room. The group sighed with relief. It hadn't turned into a disaster like the trial.

   The goat looked at them with a bored expression.
   -Hmf. I don't have time to waste with you! Heroes come from all over the world to fight ferocious monsters here in the Coliseum! he explained.
   Donald crossed his arms. This time it was his turn to be annoyed.
   -That's just it! Can't you see you're looking at heroes?
   -Yes, real Keyblade heroes! Enriched Goofy, grabbing Sora's shoulders.
   -And we're heroes too! added the bird.
   The animal looked surprised at the group.
   -Heroes?! Those midgets?! he laughed.

   Obviously, these words did not fall on deaf ears. Lizie approached the group again, quickly held back by Sora.
   -Let me do him! I'll prove to him that I'm a puny midget who's no hero! she snapped.
   -I don't think a hero would act under violence, ayo. Interjected the dog.
   -You don't? exclaimed the brunette and blue.
   She looked at her comrades one by one, who nodded, leaving her cheeks puffed out in frustration. As for the goat, he finished laughing as he started trying to push the famous heavy base.
   -If you can't push that... he began. You can't be... heroes!

   He himself was unable to move it, leaving the quartet to watch silently. Only Lizie laughed as the animal dropped, already exhausted from trying.
   Once he'd caught his breath, under the mocking gaze of the brunette and blue, he turned to the group.
   -Well... It's not all about muscle...
   He looked around at everyone and sighed.
   -Let's see what you can do...
   -Huh? said the two Keyblade bearers at the same time.
   -You're just going to do a little training. It consists of breaking about twenty barrels in one minute. he explained.

   Intrigued, the two children agreed. The boy saw it as a way of potentially taking part in the tournament. As for the girl, she just wanted to show that she wasn't a midget.
   So Sora and Lizie took turns. The brunette had been rather quick, using his magic to help himself. Her comrade was less so, being a little clumsier and relying only on the little agility she had. But she still managed to finish in time.

   Then the two returned to the goat, who seemed to be in a rather good mood.
   -You know, you're not bad, kids.
   Just as Lizie was about to say something, she was cut off by Seora, who laughed a little and crossed his arms behind his head.
   -Looks like we've been selected for the games! he said.
   -That I don't believe! Cut off the animal immediately.
   -Why not? exclaimed the young boy.
   -He's looking for trouble! his friend grumbled.

   She crossed her arms, cheeks puffed out. This world was really getting on her nerves.
   -In two words: you're no heroes. replied the goat.
   Faced with these words, Sora tried to insist, Donald was dejected and Goofy counted the words. Lizie was the only one to repeat the words unpleasantly. But there was nothing anyone could do, apart from walk away disappointed.

   The group sighed once outside, all on their way back to the ship.
   -I swear, next time I'm going to roast that goat! I wouldn't miss it!
   The young girl puffed out her cheeks, still angry.
   -That old goat is as stubborn as a mule, isn't he?
   The quartet turned with a start as they heard a voice. There was a strange man with blue skin, dressed in black and his hair on fire.
   -Who are you? Donald asked.
   -Er... sir... your hair's on fire! You need a fire extinguisher! Said the only girl in the group at the same time.
   -Shut up, Lizie! ordered the duck.
   -Oh dear, oh dear, one second my friend. Let me guess. You want to take part in the games, right?
   -That's right! replied the brunette and the blue. But then we'd have meat? For a barbecue? Or marshmallows? I'm starving...

   The girl took a blow from the duck while the mysterious man ignored her words. The latter simply approached Sora, putting a hand on her shoulder.
   -Why don't I have any? Why is everyone against me! It's not fair! Does everyone hate me or something? The Keyblade-bearer protested to the bird.
   Meanwhile, the new arrival gave the boy a golden ticket, making it appear between his fingers.
   -Oh!" gasped the boy concerned. An entrance!
   -This is for you. Good luck to you. I'm betting on you, my little ones!

   With that, the man left. Everyone glanced at the gift before Lizie sighed.
   -He should think about taking a holiday. He can't breathe very much and all that thinking has set his head on fire! she concluded.
   -Can't you say anything but stupid things? Donald snapped.
   -Oh shut up, you Peking duck!
   The two looked at each other angrily, ready to attack, while the dark-haired man turned towards them.
   -Let's get that ticket! he said.
   He immediately started running towards the building, leaving the group no choice but to follow him.