Chapter 2 ~ A new world ~

Lizie woke up, struggling to open her eyes. She was cold and, above all, in pain. She almost fell back asleep, but when she realised that the scenery was unfamiliar, she jumped to her feet.
   -What the hell...?
   She looked around, a little confused. All she could conclude was that she was in an alleyway, standing next to someone. A young boy with spiky brown hair was also asleep.

   She stood up, wincing at the pain in her feet, and tied her soaked waistcoat around her waist. She approached the boy, trying to wake him up by kicking him.
   -Hey! Get up!
   -Mmmh? It's just a dream...
   -It's not a dream! Wake up, I've got a few things to ask you!
   The boy jumped to his feet, looking lost.
   -Where are you? Where am I- he began.
   He turned his head towards Lizie who was waiting with her hand on her hips, looking annoyed.
   -Erm... Do you know where we are? asked the stranger.
   -Ah well, that's what I was going to ask you... Well, never mind.

   She shrugged her shoulders and set off, leaving the alleyway they were in. Suddenly, a dog came around the corner, rushed the young girl and jumped on her, knocking her over.
   -What the-
   She opened her eyes to find herself face to face with the panting anima.
   -Ooooh! A dog! she exclaimed, starting to stroke it.
   The boy moved closer, looking at the surprised dog. The dog pricked up its ears and suddenly ran off without anyone being able to stop it.
   -No, wait, doggy! called Lizie.
   -Let's follow him! said the dark-haired man as he set off in pursuit.
   The brunette and blue stood up with difficulty.
   -Wait, you idiot!

   The two children left the alleyway. They were in a small town where it was dark. And there was no sign of the dog. They'd lost him.
   The stranger looked around in a mixture of incomprehension and concern. Then he put his hands to his face.
   -Rikuuuuu! Kairiiiiiii! he finally called.
   Lizie realised that her friend wasn't there. It was true that she had abandoned him a little. If she was there, he had to be nearby.
   -Seans! You blonde moron, are you there?!

   There was no reply. No response from either of them. Just the looks of passers-by who didn't seem happy about the noise, and the brown-haired boy's look at the girl.
   -What's up? You want a picture of me? By the way, who are you?
   -I'm Sora.
   -'Am Lizie.
   The young girl wanted to laugh at the bristly man's name. Or rather, she wanted to give him another nickname. But he started to walk away before she could say anything.

   Once the introductions were made, they decided - or at least Sora decided - to find out more about the town. He entered a shop, followed by the girl with the brown and blue hair.
   -Well... Oh, they're just kids...
   -Hey! We're not kids! I'm Sora and she's Lizie!
   -If you call me a kid, I'll call you an old man... muttered the brunette.
   -Do you know where we are, old man?
   Lizie almost laughed. Sora had called the man in front of them old instead of her.
   -Don't call me old man, I'm Cid!
   -OK, but that doesn't tell us where we are, does it?
   -Take it easy, kid, I was getting to that! You're in Travers Town, where people land after losing their world.

   The girl looked at Cid in incomprehension. Could a world be lost? Had she missed something at school?
   Without her realising it, the man had just looked her up and down.
   -You, kid, are going to need an outfit. Yours is badly banged up, as if you'd been in a fight. He says
   -I've been in a fight! Is that a problem?
   -Mhf. You won't be able to do anything in this state. I can get you an outfit if you like.
   -Really?!
   -But it's not for free! It'll be four thousand twelve munnies.
   -Ha... er... thanks old man...

   Lizie was invited to change in a corner out of sight. She now had an outfit that was dry and in good condition. Besides, she didn't think it looked all that bad. And with the pockets on the side, it was practical.
   -Thanks old chap, I'll pay you as soon as I can! Thanked Lizie.
   At the same time, she grabbed Sora by the wrist and ran out of the jeweller's with him.

   The two of them found themselves behind the building, a little out of breath.
   -Hey, why did you-
   -Come on, let's move! she hurried to cut him off.
  The man concerned sighed. Instead of being with his friends, he'd ended up with a strange person.

   The children made their way through the streets and passed the second quarter. What a surprise to see a man losing his heart before their very eyes. A shiver ran down their spines as they were surrounded by the strange creatures.
   -Oh, not those things again! Shouted Lizie, furious to see them again.
   -You know them too! Sora was surprised.
   -They pissed me off!
   Without further ado she made her weapon appear, though she didn't know how, before attacking, albeit awkwardly. The dark-haired man looked at her before flashing his, watching him for a moment before attacking in turn.

   With the creatures out of the way, the two could take a deep breath. At that moment, the brunette with the blue tips noticed her companion's weapon.
   -Eh- It's... shit what's the name... Ah! Is that a Keything you've got?
   -Huh ? Yeah, it is.
   There was a silence before the young girl started shouting.
   -Seriously?! I'm not the only one who's got one?! What a scam, eh?!
   This unexpected reaction made Sora recoil in surprise. As for Lizie, she shouted, rubbing her hair, before resuming her walk in a huff.
   -Move your arse, herrisson!
   What a strange character that girl was...

   All the shops in the second district were closed, unlike the first, so that it looked like a dead city. Or a dead neighbourhood.
   Lizie spent her time hitting everything she could, even though it was useless. She was trying to get over her previous frustration and disappointment. Besides, it was always nice to be able to hit everything without anyone blaming anything.
   The duo then entered a white house, where two dogs were standing. The brunet looked at the paintings and concluded that these two dogs were looking for their pups.

   The third neighbourhood was even worse than the second. As well as being small, it was deserted and there was nothing of interest there.
   -Riku and Kairi aren't here... The brown-haired boy despaired.
   -Neither is the idiot I'm looking for... Always disappearing in need, it's not possible!
   How could she not be worried? Or was she, in her own way? It was hard to understand her, her behaviour so far only revealing anger, annoyance or mockery.
   -Ah, open the bloody door! Otherwise I'll break you like a piece of wood!
   He barely had time to think that the girl was attacking an innocent door.

   Returning to the first district, after having to pass through the second filled with enemies, Sora and Lizie came face to face with a dark-haired boy with a scar on his face. He was leaning against the wall, and at the sight of the children he straightened up, putting a soul on his shoulders.
   -They know where you are, no matter where you go or how far you run. They can always find you as long as you wield the Keyblade.
   -Huh? Both said at the same time.
   -I'm sorry, but you're going to have to take a nap!
   -Huh?!

   The stranger took up an attack position before charging straight at the children. Lizie tried to conjure up her Keyblade but didn't have time and was knocked out first, before it was the brunet's turn.