Chapter 1 ~ Beginning ~

Lizie woke up with a start and looked around. She was at home, in her bed and not in those strange stained glass windows.
   -What the hell... ?
   She mumbled a few words before looking at the clock. She immediately looked annoyed, realising that she could have slept longer. But now it was too late, partly because she was too upset to get back to sleep.

   The bedroom door opened softly, drawing the young girl's attention. She turned her head, discovering a blond, darker-skinned boy with green eyes. It was Seans, Lizie's roommate, who had been taken in by Lizie's parents.
   The new arrival was surprised to see his friend wake up before he did. It made him smile, amused.
   -What?! What are you laughing at?
   -Nothing, just that it's rare to see you wake up before I do. Are you becoming independent?
   She picked up a pillow and threw it at Seans, who closed the door to protect himself, laughing a little.

   -I'll wait for you downstairs for breakfast! announced the blond through the door. Don't go back to sleep!
   With that, he walked away, leaving a silence. Lizie pouted, before getting up. She changed into her usual white jacket and black trousers. She grabbed her bag, kicked away the cushion in front of the door and left the room.

   Once downstairs, she threw her bag on the floor and went into the kitchen where Seans and her mother were.
   -I'm so hungry! she shouted.
   -Good morning first. Then you'll be on your own. shouted the girl's mother.
   -Yeah, yeah.
   Lizie opened the fridge and took out what she could find before sitting down at the table and throwing away her breakfast.
   -There's no need to react like that! said the woman.
   -She's just in a bad mood because she got up before I did, it's not her fault. Ria the blond.
    -I didn't ring you!

    The blue-tipped brunette grabbed her food and ate it rather quickly, grumbling all the while. This annoyed her mother even more, who ended up slamming her hands on the table.
  -When are you going to behave properly at last? she shouted.
   -But I'm behaving properly eh ! replied the girl concerned
   -Look how you're reacting right now! You don't have to talk to me like that!
   -Huh ?

   Seans watched the two argue. Since his arrival in this family, the relationship between the two had been complicated. Lizie was far too stubborn to listen to anyone, and she didn't hesitate to confront anyone, even if it caused her a lot of problems.
   The young boy stood up, attracting the attention of both mother and daughter.
   -We're going to be late if we keep dawdling! Are you coming Lizie? he announced.
   -Eh ? Where ?
   -What did I ever do to get such a stupid girl...
   -Because you think you're smarter than me?!

   The blond didn't take long to grab the brunette and blue's arm and pull her out of the kitchen before anyone could say anything.
   -I've got it, get off my back!
   -So hurry up!
   -Yeah don't worry.
   He let go of his friend who mumbled a few insults before turning to his mother, who was staring at the table in annoyance. The young girl hid her right eye and stared silently at the woman for a few seconds before going to get her shoe.

   Ever since she was a kid, Lizie had had a peculiarity. She could see a kind of strange aura around people, most of the time. Some were stronger than others.
   But she didn't know where it came from or what it meant.

   -Oooe! Hurry up! called Seans.
   -Yeah, I'm here all right!
   She quickly joined her friend and the two of them set off for school, not without saying hello to their dog who was resting outside.
   -Is the fact that you woke up earlier than usual putting you in such a bad mood? asked the boy.
   -No. It's because of my dream.
   There was a moment's silence.
   -A dream? Can you remember anything for once? Was it a nightmare?
   -Absolutely not! It was too good because I was armed and overpowered! And I'm not armed any more!