Chapter - 1 (The Transfer)

- 27/03/2024 (Wednesday)
- 09:15 a.m

"Myself Nicole, I'm a transferred student from India, Nice to meet you"

I said while trying to adapt in a whole new country which was China.... when I was in high school, I was the top student in my school and fortunately because of that now I am in my dream University, Peking law school.

I transferred here in the middle of the semester because of some issues in the system of the university, and because of that....

we were already given a group investigation, I screamed from inside like "IT'S MY FIRST DAY AND ALREADY???" but yes, I stayed calm.

after some minutes passed we were divided into group of 5 and my group members were a bit......well you know-

"Group A"

"Zhang Jiaxu..."
"Wang Yiran...."
"Xiang mei........"
"and Nicole"

As the professor announced, I was quiet happy, as Xiang mei and Jiaxu were in my group but that happiness didn't lasted that long....until the professor said....

"Oh that's only 4 members...who's left now?"

"Me!" A gentle voice came from the back of the class, "PEI SHI??!!!!" I screamed from inside again because that voice was gentle but not the person herself-

oh...I haven't gave introduction yet right?

- 24/03/2024 (Sunday)
- 10:04 a.m

*Nobody's Business by Rihaana playing in the headphone*

"Heyyy!!!!!" A loud and cheerful voice approached me, loud enough to get through my headphones while I was in front of my dorm room...

I removed my headphone and turned around

"Myself Xiang mei and I doubt that I'm your roommate from now on!!"

okay...confusing

"You're Nicole right? the new student from India?" She said.

"Yeah....how did you know" I was surprised

"Welll we don't have time for that! Let me give you some introduction of our classmates!" Said Xiang mei with a cheerful loud voice.

"How is she so loud...... damn" I thought in my mind.

"Can you lower your voice a bit? everyone is staring at us for your kind information.." my guts actually said that..

"oh I see, well by the way I ain't giving introduction of every single one of them- just pretty ones" she smiled

"Pretty ones? is there a pretty privilege or something in here?" I asked-

"NOPE DEFINITELY NOT- DON'T WORRY, IT'S JUST I LIKE HOT GUYS AND PRETTY GIRLS....BOTH ARE MY TYPE" the expressions on her face was unusual like she was being sarcastic.

"ahem yeah sure" I put on a forced smile...
"she's kinda weird though" my mind kept repeating this sentence whenever she was speaking

"so thank you Xiang mei for greeting me and now I-"

before I could even complete me sentence she started giving introduction...which was really uninteresting for me...but I had to keep on listening.

"There's Zhang Jiaxu, the popular and really really really sweet guy of our University.... I mean he's my crush though-" her tone was really exciting, well she's in love afterall...

"And there's Pei shi- well you better don't get involved with her.... she's such a dumb and annoying girl- AND TOP OF IT SHE LIKES JIAXU, LIKE GIRL YOU ONLY HAVE LOOKS AND POPULARITY SO YOU AIN'T WINNING HIM BY THAT SHI-"

"CHILL" I screamed and she went on complete silence....

.......

"I meant.... I can be sure that you're better than her..." that awkward and embarassed smile on my face told her everything..

"oh well- I gotta go washroom.... MEET YOU LATER XIANG MEI!!!" I ran and from inside I was dying from embarassment...

to be continue...