10.

The last bell of the day rang through Y/N's ears, piercing through her head and waking her up from her nap.

"You have until next Friday for the project, late submission lands you a 50. You guys are free to go." The teacher said, dismissing them in his boring, monotone voice.

Y/N ran her fingers through her hair and went over to her friends "Sue, Bobby, what's this project all about?"

"Something about human nature? I don't really know." Bobby muttered.

"Don't worry it's a group project, you should join us." Susan smiled.

"Oh, that's fine, I'll get someone else to work with." Y/N said, remembering the sexual tension between the two.

"It's groups of three anyway. Plus, we already put your name down on the paper. Now let's go, we got practice, Y/N." Bobby spoke before marching out the room.

"Why did you do that?" Y/N pulled Susan aside and whispered, "That was your chance!"

"Chance to what?" 

"To bone Bobby! Everyone knows you guys like each other."

"Oh bullshit!" Susan scoffed.

"It's not bullshit, Sue.  You guys flirt and talk all the time, why not fuck or date, even?" She smirked, "And you shoulda seen the way he was eyeing you a second ago."

The brunette blushed, "Go do your stupid karate thing." She waved Y/N off in embarrassment.

"Will do." She gathered all her things and headed to the door.

The image of fucking Bobby ran through Susan's head over and over, "Oh my god I'm gonna kill her." She muttered to herself with a smile on her face.

Y/N strutted down the hallway and over to where some over the Cobras were waiting for everyone.

"Looks like you're already booked up this year, Y/N." Dutch whistled.

"What are y- holy shit." She started before looking back at her locker which was covered in sticky notes  with phone numbers and pick up lines on them. 

"That's gotta be some sorta record, right?"  Jimmy laughed.

"Gotta be." Tommy snorted.

"I don't even know some of the names on there." Bobby said.

Johnny finally strolled over to where everyone else was at, "What'd I miss?" He asked before noticing the locker, "Starting the hoeing off so early in the year , Y/N?"

"Shut the hell up, you're not any better than I am." She rolled her eyes.

"Woah, woah, I set my limit to juniors. You've got little fourteen year olds lined up to get laid!" He and all the other boys laughed.

"Really?" She widened her eyes, "How do you know?"

"You think anyone that's not fresh outta middle school would say," He tore a note off and read it, "'My shirts made of boyfriend material. Don't believe me? Why don't you try taking it off me tonight?"

And with that, the group of teens burst out in laughter.

"Alright, enough fucking around. Kreese is gonna be super pissed if we're not on time." Tommy said, gesturing for everyone to get on their bikes and head out.

After a few minutes they reached the dojo, changed, and began warming up on their own.  

Some did this to simply show off or get their blood pumping while others, like Johnny and Y/N, needed the warm ups. They used it as a way to let go of some of their anger. If they had kept it up inside, there would be a lot more injuries throughout the entire dojo. Karate is an art that requires focus, not blind rage. Those two students know it better than anyone.

The face of the dummy had morphed into Johnny's step father as he attacked it. Nothing but a no-good piece of shit, you don't deserve your mom. You don't deserve anything! He heard Sid's voice in his head, kicking the face of the dummy harder and harder.

As for Y/N, she preferred a punching bag. You see, she wasn't angry at just one person. She was anger at a lot of things so instead of picking just one, she let out her anger at something so blank it could symbolize anything. Whore! Slut!  No one will truly love you, the only thing you're good for is a good time! Your future's looking a lot like a whore house!

She heard the voices of several people. Some girls at school, boys she's slept with, adults, it felt that almost everyone was screaming at her and all she could do was punch a bag on a hook. So she started punching harder, over and over again at an exponential rate until it finally flew off the hook and the sand began spilling out. 

"Good job, L/N. Now that everyone's here, warm everyone up, Lawrence." Kreese barked. "And get the hell up Greene, no one's twisting your panties."

A groaned emerged from beneath the bag, "Yes sensei."  The boy choked out weakly.

"Sorry, man." Y/N muttered to the kid.

"No sweat." He said, trying to crack his nose into place.

"Jesus, that's your second one this month. You alright, Y/N?" Bobby asked.

"I'm-"

"Everybody, fall in!" Kreese commanded, everyone obeying immediately. "Not you, L/N. Go clean up, we don't want blood getting all over the equipment. At least not at the start of class." He told her, "Lawrence, you'll be leading class warm ups today."

"Yes sensei." The girl nodded, finally noticing her bloody knuckles and walking to the bathroom, she could hear Kreese yelling in the distance.

When she had washed everything off, she stepped back onto the mat where everyone else was, Kreese was no where to be seen. Then, a t-shirt was thrown at her face.

"What the hell, Johnny?" She took it off her face.

"It's for your knuckles, babe. You can thank me later." The blonde said.

She threw the shirt back to him, "I don't need this, I'm fi-"

"Quit the act." He said before cutting a snip in the cloth with his teeth and ripping it in half from there.

Y/N wasn't paying attention to how tight the makeshift bandages held her hands, she was more interested in the way the light hit Johnny's already sweaty cheat underneath his gi but , of course, she'd never admit that to anyone.

"Thanks," She thought of a new stupid name, "cock gobbler."

"No problem, bitch tits." He grinned after seeing Y/N smile, the same one she carried since they've met, the same one she had during their name-calling contests, the same one she wore on the night of their first kiss.

Kreese emerged from his office carrying actual bandages, "I guess we don't need these anymore." He threw them on the bench, "Everyone fall in, what the hell do you think you're doing standing around like fucking ballerinas?!" He then screamed

Dutch, Tommy, and Bobby smirked at the pair, Jimmy joining in along after finally understanding the reason, before they yelled out, "YES SENSEI" with all the other students.