13.

The next morning, Y/N decided to catch a ride with Ali. On the way there, they made small talk about the upcoming Halloween dance, school gossip, and boys, but it was mainly just Ali gushing on and on about Daniel.

Speaking of, when they arrived at the school, Ali's eyes naturally want over to Daniel who was standing by his locker. The blonde gave him a sweet little wave to which unenthusiastically returned. Y/N followed her gaze and saw something Ali didn't

"Holy shitballs, what happened to him?" She muttered to herself, speed walking past Ali on her way over to him, "Dan-"

"Just save it, Y/N." He spat, watching Susan pull Ali away before she could join us. , "Don't even act like you care."

"I'm not acting Daniel, I really do care. If I didn't, I wouldn't  have left that beer by you on the beach."

"Oh, how thoughtful." He said sarcastically.

"It was kind thing to do!" 

"It was a warm one!" He exclaimed, a few seconds of silence following.

"Listen, I know you're upset with me but could you just please tell me what caused that gnarly of a bruise?"

"Take a wild guess. This should be easy since you know them so well." He scoffed. "Pushed me down a fucking cliff." He mumbled angrily.

Y/N's eyes widened in anger as she immediately marched over to the Cobras who were standing a few feet away. 

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you people?!!" She yelled

"Sounds like someone's coffee got pissed in this morning." Dutch muttered with a snort.

"Alright, calm down, cupcake. What's up?" Johnny  asked with a smirk, seemingly unbothered by Y/N's screaming.

"You could have killed him!!" She turned to face him directly, knowing he was most likely the leader of this little episode.

"Larusso? He's standing right there," He pointed, "Doesn't look dead to me."

"You guys pushed him off a cliff!" She gave everyone a look.

"He's milking it, Y/N." Tommy said.

"I mean, yeah, we did gang up on him and knock his puny little rust bucket of a bike down, but it was a hill, not a cliff." Jimmy said stupidly, making Bobby shake his head and face palm.

Y/N was speechless at that explanation. She couldn't understand how those sweet, yet immature, boys she grew up with could do something so horrible. She simply held a defeated expression and trudged away.  

She left too early to see Johnny's smirk fall into frown when he noticed her disappointed and hurt look.

"Hey, forget about her man, she'll come around. Lapusso deserved it anyway, who cares?"Dutch said, slinging an arm around the boy's shoulders.

She did. She cared. Why does she care??

Why does she like him so much?

This guy's gonna pay.

As if on cue, Daniel and one of their teachers walks right by them.

"Yeah, and I was trying to tell some of my buddies here about the lesson but, ya know, I kinda got it messed up." He says with a fake innocent look, "They were really hoping to squeeze in other lesson.

The teacher turns to the group of boys with a smile on his face, causing them to panic and run away, claiming they were late for class.

For the next few classes Y/N tried her very best to ignore the cobras, especially Johnny. She didn't want to speak to any of them after what they did. 

The bell rang, signaling that the class was over. Y/N was relieved seeing as she could feel Johnny's eyes digging into the side of her face. She quickly grabbed her belongings and walked out to the cafeteria . On the way there, however she was stopped by her shoulder being gently pressed against a door by a certain blonde boy.

"What the hell are you doing?" Y/N spoke with an annoyed tone.

"You can scream at me, hit me,cuss me out, but don't act like I dont exist. I can't take it, Y/N. Just please, talk to me." He spoke softly, his voice sounding weak as he let her loose.

Y/N was shocked, to say the least, she didn't understand how Johnny was able to show even an ounce of vulnerability after she screamed at him earlier today.

"I...Okay?"

"I know you're upset and you hate me-"

"Johnny, you know I could never hate you." She sighed, "I want to, but I can't. What you and the guys did was seriously fucked up, what were you even thinking?"

"I wasn't ,okay? I just- I had a rough night." He scratched the back of his neck.

"You know that's not a good enough excuse. Just promise me you won't touch him ever again."

"I promise, I'll tell the guys too."

And there came out Y/N's smile. It was artificial like her Hollywood one, it was genuine smile. Johnny's face mirrored hers as he slung an arm around her and walked her to lunch.