Marc's POV: Under His Wing

Marc Spector & Khonshu & Young Defender

Summary: Marc takes a new hero under his wing and takes them out into the city to show him what they're capable of. Khonshu has some thoughts about it.

~~~

Moon Knight wasn't the only vigilante in the city. The place was crawling with all kinds of people and their gimmicks. Just as many good as there were bad. He'd known for as long as he could remember he'd never liked being alone. Not truly alone. The silence in that was deafening. Some of these assholes he was going up against he couldn't do alone. As much as he hated to admit it, he needed help. He didn't hate people as much as he sometimes put out there.

Marc had done his part. The bright moon overhead set the scene for a perfect night. Allowing Khonshu's influence to blanket itself over the world. The god saw all transgressions against those that intended to harm the travellers of the night. He could see all that, and yet, he kept Marc operating strictly within New York. Something didn't feel right. Marc knew better than to ask questions. He'd been with the god long enough to know questions got him cryptic answers. Khonshu was able to give Marc information on things happening in the city as they went underway, allowing Marc to pick and choose what they saw to.

"Alright kid, you're up."

A robbery was unfolding. Fifth one they'd been to that night. Two men wailing on the person resisting them. Marc crouched on the rooftop, letting the new recruit take point again. Needed to be sure she could handle herself in back-to-back scraps before they took it a step further.

'You're wasting your time on small game. Let us not stray too long from the path that is set out before us. There are far more dangerous foes, who seek to do real harm, both during the day and the night. We must be ready for what is to come. '

Khonshu was on it. He'd been on it all night and it was making Marc snippy under his breath.

"Give it a rest will you?"

'No. While the lesser thugs may not pose much of a threat to this new hero, their strength and resolve should not go unchallenged.'

Marc didn't bother to respond, waiting to see how the young defender handled their business.