8 - All is Hell in the Afton Family

The day was slowly coming to an end, and the night's cold began to settle in. Michael walked through the streets of Utah, hands in his pockets. Not because he was cold; it was not for nothing that he kept his short-sleeved gray sweater. No, it was more because he couldn't believe it himself. Yet, he touched it, so it was indeed real.

But was it really his wallet?

The young man stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and pulled the object from his pocket. He only examined every detail, but especially the photo on the ID card. Frederick's face was serious, as on all ID cards, as if he were giving a stern look to his friend. Michael shivered and put it back. He was going to find a way to return it without getting himself into trouble. But one question remained. Who could have put it in his pocket? It had to be someone, if it wasn't him. The teenager saw only three potential person if he dosen't consider himself possessed by a freak that controls his movement. It could be one of his three friends, but again, it was very unlikely, as acting against their friend group would be counterproductive, and he would have seen them reaching out anyway. But maybe it was an outsider, someone who knew them well and wanted to sabotage their friendship. Someone discreet enough, small enough, who would have come from behind and quietly transferred the stolen object.

But who could have done that?

The teenager stared into space and saw a distant ad poster for Fredbear's Family Diner.

Fredbear... like the stuffed animal of...

Evan!

Michael took off, rushing towards his father's restaurant, certain to receive a scolding from him. William probably had to work late into the night, but he could easily find out that his eldest son had abandoned Evan. So, he ran as fast as he could to Fredbear's.

...

When he arrived in the parking lot, the teenager immediately noticed that something was wrong. There were no cars, no children, no lights in the restaurant; all the customers had left, and it was barely evening. The boy bit his lips, expecting the worst. He walked slowly towards the glass doors of Fredbear's Family Diner and already saw figures in uniforms.

"Shit, the police," the boy muttered.

Through the glass, one of the officers noticed him and turned to a purple silhouette to say something. William Afton had an unwavering fondness for purple. The door opened violently; his father was hiding his rage in front of the calm police officers.

"You little shit...," William began with a dark look.

He pulled him inside with an arm around the shoulder. The officers looked at the teenager, confused.

"This... this is my eldest son," William smiled.

Michael grimaced when he felt that his father's hand was anything but friendly. But he didn't make any comments in front of the authorities; he knew his father was hiding his true self.

"What's going on?" the young man asked.

William took a deep breath.

"Evan is... missing. We've been looking for him all day... But no one has found him yet."

The teenager didn't react, but deep down, he was slightly worried.

"I just hope he wasn't kidnapped because if the person responsible for him let him get stolen, all sorts of things could happen to him. Who knows where your little brother could be right now?"