Chapter 2

Deerthroat blinked the sleep from her eyes, the loud voice of Otterfang breaking her from her slumber. Around her a few other warriors stirred, as she crept as silently as she could out of the den, momentarily blinded by the sun's brightness.

      "Oh, Deerthroat! Good to see you up already! Could you wake up Acornfall and Squirrelclaw, you're on the border patrol with them," the calico tom smiled brightly at her, before turning his head to face another cat. I guess that's my sign to wake them up.

The she-cat softly trotted into the den, tapping Acornfall on the back with her paw.

"What?" the tom turned to face her, blinking sleep from his eyes. Deerthroat angled her head towards the exit, with Acornfall only giving her a confused expression in response. The molly let out a small sigh.

"We have a border patrol together, could you wake up Squirrelclaw, she's coming to," she said in a hushed tone, not wanting to unnecessarily wake a different clanmate up.

"Squirrelclaw, get up," the tom said harshly yet at the same time quietly to the other warrior, who seemed to awaken. "Hurry up and get up, we have a border patrol together and I'd rather not wait." The grey she-cat shook her head in an effort to wake up before stalking up and out of the den, the two fellow warriors following her out.

      "Any spots that we should hit specifically?" Squirrelclaw mewed, as they walked up rocky path towards the exit.

      "Maybe the TimberClan border, we haven't marked there recently due to the whole-" Acornfall was suddenly interrupted by Deerthroat covering his mouth with her tail.

      "Could you not talk about that in camp, mouse-brain?" The tom nodded, and the brown molly moved her tail away from his mouth. "However, I do agree that we should check the borders there, they haven't been marked in a few days."

      Squirrelclaw nodded in agreement, "I suppose that's where we're going, then." Deerthroat jumped up the slope to the outside of camp, waiting for the other cats to catch up before she continued towards the TimberClan border. The amber-eyed warrior took a breath of the wooded area, a plethora of plants growing across the ground and trees, and the audible chirp from birds basking in the New-Leaf sun. The patrol walked through the brush, Deerthroat in front as she led the way to the border.

//!¡\\

      "Here we are," the dark molly stepped aside, allowing the two other cats some space. The area was overgrown and untouched, made clear by the almost non-existent border.

      "So, what is happening with TimberClan?" Acornfall asked as he started to mark the border, rubbing himself onto a fir.

      "Who knows, they still show up to gatherings and apparently half-moon meetings, so they're most likely fine." Squirrelclaw added, scratching onto a much leaner, lighter tree than the tom's.

      "Alright, are you both finished marking, because I'm starving," Deerthroat looked at the two, who nodded. "Come on then, let's get back to camp. If we get there quick enough the prey pile will have good pickings."

"Jeez, we're coming, give us a second," Acornfall mewed in response, shaking a leaf off of his paw. The molly waited momentarily before padding down the flattened path that the patrol had already trenched through. The journey was much shorter this time, mainly because the overgrown grasses that used to stand in their way were now trampled on.

"Finally, camp." Deerthroat muttered as the Clan's walls came into view. she slid through the entrance, shaking her self free of any dirt after entering camp. "That was tiring, do you two want to share a hare with me?"

"Yes please!" Squirrelclaw meowed in response to her question, not giving Acornfall the chance to say no. The three cats soon settled down with the hare, before Deerthroat grumbled, a voice that she could recognize anywhere directed towards her.

||A. N. ||

Leaving it here for now, I'll probably add some more chapters when I have the time, because school is sucking the life out of me lol.