06 - The perfect place for a poke-picnic

Mollie tended to Ampharos' wounds and when he was all better he seemed to be in a really great mood. I thanked Mollie for her help before leaving the medical room, Friede outside waiting for me.  "Y'know.. you did really well." I brushed him off. "Oh don't pity me." I tried to walk away but he stepped in front of me. "I mean it! That was a lot of fun. I can tell Cap enjoyed a bit of a challenge." I scoffed. "Challange? Ampharos couldn't even land a hit on Cap!" Friede nodded. "But you did manage to land a status attack. I'll admit, both Cap and I were a bit intimidated by the sudden change in pace." He scratched his neck and went to say something before he was interrupted by Roy.

 "THAT WAS AWESOME!!" Roy jumped around and looked at me with stars in his eyes. "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!" I was a bit overwhelmed, but I didn't wanna leave him without an answer. "Well- Ampharos and I share a special bond. That bond is strengthened by our mega stones. Because of that, during battle Ampharos can sometimes mega evolve!" I held up my bracelet to show Liko and Roy. "wow.. it's kind of like my pendent." Liko pulls a pendent from under the collar of her shirt. Pendent? Huh... maybe this is what that Amethio guy was talking about.. I wonder why it's so important? Murdock called for us, telling us that we'd be leaving soon.  Liko and Roy ran off to grab some last minute things before joining the rest of the group outside.

 We we're finally in Turffield! Friede helped me as I stumbled off the ship. My legs felt like jelly and not just because of how close he was to me. "Maybe you're meant to stay on the ground." Friede chuckled and I forced a laugh. I hate to admit it but I was starting to really enjoy my stay on the Great Olivine. Everyone was so nice and accommodating even though I was a complete stranger to them! "Yeah... maybe I am.." I sighed before Roy rushed past us. "Hurry up!! We gotta find the best spot!" Roy pumped his fist in the air as Fuecoco hopped along beside him. Those two were always as fired up as a flareon! I couldn't imagine anything being dull with them around... 

As I got off the ship, Merdock walked out with that purple haired girl by his side. "Dot, I'm so glad you decided to come along!" Liko ran up to the girl grabbing her hands excitedly. "Well... I wasn't interested in going to the first one... but I changed my mind this time." Dot shyly responded. She seems pretty introverted, especially because I almost never see her around the ship. "Oh, (y/n)! This is my niece, Dot." Merdock introduced us as a pokemon I've never seen before hoisted itself up onto Dot's shoulder.  "It's very nice to meet you Dot!" We exchanged smiles before I hear Orla speaking behind me. "Alright crew! The ship's system needs to update so we'll have plenty of time to picnic while we wait for it to finish." 

As the crew looked for the perfect picnic spot, I couldn't help but feel a bit on edge. I felt like someone was watching us. I called Ampharos and Delcatty to stick close in case my feeling was right. Friede seemed to notice my insecurity and put his hand on my shoulder. My face instantly started to heat up. "Are you alright (y/n)? You seem a bit worried." The look of genuine concern on his face set my heart into a frenzy. He cares about me enough to check in on me and notices when I'm anxious. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. 

"Oh yeah- I'm alright." I hesitated. "Just a bit anxious for my first picnic! I've never been on one before so-" I didn't want to worry him, especially because today is supposed to be a fun, carefree outing. "Don't worry about it (y/n), this is Dot's first picnic too. Try to loosen up a bit!" Friede took his hand off of my shoulder, His hand brushing against my cheek. He turned and walked over to Orla and began talking to her about the ship's progress, leaving me a blushing mess.  

Mollie came over to walk beside me. We haven't known each other for long, but I consider her a friend. "What was that all about?" Mollie asked, clearly knowing what I was trying to hide. "Oh- um- it's just- Very warm! Like- is it just me or is it suuuuper hot out today." I started to fan myself with my hand. Mollie scoffed seeing right through my not so good act. "Sure.. So what's with you and Friede? Ever since you got here he's been really weird." 

Weird? I don't think he's being weird at all. Then again, the last time I saw him was when we were pretty young.. "What do you mean?" Mollie laughed. "Well- Friede doesn't usually make time for outings like this. You two must be pretty close.." She said in a teasing tone. If he doesn't usually make time for them, why did he make time for mine? I mean, we are close.. But would Friede really change his usual schedule just to make time for a picnic? Roy's yelling snapped me out of my thoughts.

"We found it! The perfect spot!" Roy high fived Feucoco before waving to the rest of the crew. "That looks like a great spot, Roy!" Friede waved back and the crew started setting up blankets and picnic baskets. Everyone let out their pokemon and it was so cool watching so many different types of pokemon play and eat together in harmony. I sat down on the picnic blanket and Delcatty and Ampharos ran off to play with the other pokemon. I looked up at the sky, it was nice to finally take a break from the busy city life. Friede sat next to me, watching the pokemon play together. "You know (y/n), you make things a lot more interesting around here." He grabbed a nearby dandelion and blew it. I tried to brush it off, but It flustered me a bit. "Thanks.." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before cringing. Why did I do that?! 

Friede chuckled and laid down on the blanket, his head slightly resting against my thigh. This was it I had died, died and gone to heaven. His hair was so soft and I really want to play with it- No! That would be weird, too weird. "Remember when we used to watch the clouds like this on the farm?" Friede fondly watched the clouds go by. "When we used to lay on that hill in the mareep pen and look up at the sky?" This time he looked at me, waiting for a response. "You mean.. when you slacked off and didn't help me with herding?" I pushed him off of my leg playfully as I laughed. He sat up with a jokingly offended look. "I helped! Maybe you just weren't paying attention!" He shoved me back playfully but I grabbed onto his jacket for support. This caused me to fall backwards pulling him with me. I was still laughing until I opened my eyes and saw Friede on top of me. He wasn't laughing anymore, just staring at me with this weird look that I couldn't quite place. We gazed into each others eyes and my heart beat tripled. I had to be dreaming.. Friede went to speak but he was interrupted by the sounds of screams. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for posting so late! I've been pretty busy with tests and assignments and stuff, but that doesn't mean I don't love writing! Hoping to get another chapter out this week to make up for the long break. 

 Thank you for sticking with me (and the multiple mistakes in this chapter TwT)

Hugz and trixxez,

- punzzlez <3