07 - A poke-napping? In broad daylight?!

Friede quickly got up and turned towards the screams, but it was too late. I watched in terror from the blanket as Delcatty,  Ampharos, and Fuecoco were carried off into the sky by a Corviknight and two Skarmory. Friede ran to Charizard and before I could even move they took off after the kidnappers- or- well- poke-nappers. But then I realized, what would I even do if I did move? I don't have any pokemon.. Delcatty and Ampharos were gone. As I sat in shock, Mollie came to comfort me and Orla hopped onto Metagross following Friede and charizard. "(y/n) are you alright..?" Mollie sat next to me and put her hand on my back. 

I wasn't okay.. I felt sick and dizzy- and my chest felt tight. I buried my face in my hands. It was my fault they were getting taken away and I couldn't even do anything to save them. If I was a better trainer they'd probably still be here, playing with all of their new pokemon friends.

Mollie took her hand off of my back and whispered to me. "(y/n).. look-" I looked up from my hands to see a wild pokemon I'd never seen in front of me. It stared at me, as if it was staring into my soul. Then it's gaze seemed to soften and it laid next to me and leaned it's head on my leg. I took this time to use my rotom phone to identify the fluffy pokemon that was now cuddled up next to me. The rotom scanned the pokemon and made a noise before it identified the pokemon. 

"Ponyta! The small horn on it's head hides a healing power. With a few rubs from this horn, any slight wound you have will be healed. Ponyta will look into your eyes and read the contents of your heart. If it finds evil there, it promptly hides away." I looked down at it. Ponyta..? I'd seen ponyta and rapidash on the farm, but none like this. "Looks like it likes you!" Mollie smiled at me. I re-read the pokedex entrance. Read the contents of your heart...? Is ponyta trying to tell me that it isn't my fault? 

Liko ran up to me and my thoughts were scattered. "(y/n), Mollie- Friede told us to get everyone back to the ship." She held sprigatito in her arms and a pokemon stuck out of her backpack. I pet the ponyta expecting it to get up and run away, but it just slowly got up and looked at me as if it were waiting for something. I stood up and started packing up the picnic blanket before heading back to the ship. The ponyta trotted behind me happily all the way back to the ship.

I walked to my room in a daze and slumped onto my bed. I cried into my pillow, I've never been away from Delcatty for this long. We've been together since she was a little Skitty and we were always there for each other. I heard the poke-door to my room flip open and then the sound of light trotting before I felt something jump onto the end of my bed. I turned around to see the wild ponyta from before! "Why are you here..?" The ponyta stood it's ground and made a cheerful noise.

"could it be that you wanna help me save Delcatty and Ampharos?" I leaned closer to it and it made another cheerful noise. I nodded and held out my hand. "Hello Ponyta, my name is (y/n)! I'm very grateful for your help." I smiled at it warmly. The ponyta rubbed against my hand affectionately and that's when I knew that everything was going to be okay! I flung open my closet door and grabbed my jacket. Ponyta hopped up and pranced around me. I smiled at Ponyta. "Lets go save Delcatty and Ampharos!" 

I confidently walked out of my room with ponyta on my heels. I was going to save my pokemon and Roy's pokemon! I reached the captains quarters and flung the door open. Cap turned around as if he were expecting me. He gave me a fierce nod and I stood next to him. I called Friede for an update. He picked up on the second ring. " Helllo-" "Friede, give me an update!"

---- Friede's POV ----

As I continued to chase after the explorers, my rotom phone rang. Must be someone from the ship calling for an update. I fished it out of my pocket while holding onto charizard to keep my balance. I picked it up before I even looked at who it was. "Helllo-" "Friede, give me an update!" It took me a while to recognize who's voice it was, but when I did I was shocked. "(y/n)?!"

(y/n) had actually called me. I tried to tell her what was happening but I felt myself freezing up a bit. Why was I so nervous all of a sudden? "Oh- yeah- uh- update on theeeee- yeah-" I laughed nervously. "Friede?" (y/n) sounded anxious. Probably because her pokemon just got kidnapped! I shook my head. I needed to focus. I just need to pretend I'm talking to Orla or Mollie. "I'm on their tail but every time I get close they fly low to try and lose me in the trees." nailed it. 

"That sounds tricky.. Is there anything Cap and I can do to help?" Her voice echoed in my thoughts. Cap and I? Is Cap listening to her? Are they working together? I shared my current location with (y/n)'s rotom phone. "I just sent you my location. You should be able to track us with that." There was nothing but silence from her end for a couple minutes before (y/n) spoke again. "I got it!" I heard the sound of (y/n) shuffling around in the captain's quarters. 

"If we watch their flight pattern.. We can guess where they're going to be next and cut them off!" It was a good plan.. but how were we going to make sure that the explorers were always going in the same direction? "What if the explorers turn around? What if they go a direction where you aren't able to cut them off?" I could hear her giggle through the rotom phone. She was just  as cute as the day I left Jhoto. I reminded myself that It was just a childhood crush. There's no way I still have feelings for her- I'm only feeling this way because now that we're together again  I'm remembering all the memories we had together.

 "Orla should be on her way. I don't know if you remember this, but back at the farm I needed your help herding the mareep because we needed to make sure they had nowhere to go but straight." I could hear the smirk in her voice. She was clearly teasing me. I felt my face heat up, but then reminded myself that it was only friendly banter and nothing more.  Almost on cue, Orla showed up with metagross. She nodded at me, clearly having already been informed on the plan, so I nodded back. "Sounds like a plan, co-captain (y/n)." She laughed. "I'm counting on you! Talk to you later!" She hung up and I was left confused and flustered.

 I couldn't quite understand what it was- but something stirred inside me when I heard that she was "Counting on me." her words echoed in my head as we surrounded the explorers. Now we just have to trust that (y/n) will get the ship in position. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLOoOo MY TRIXXTERZ!! 

Sorry it's been so so long- but i'm back now! hopefully i'll be able to get chapters out a lot more often now that all of the hectic stuff in my life is somewhat over (I say somewhat because my birthday is next week, yay!1 X3)

I really hope I didn't take too long with coming back- Hopefully you guys are still interested in reading my stories (It means a lot to me) 

OH!! Let me know how you feel about the POV switch over n' stuff. Also make sure you drink lots of water, eat good food, go outside, and get some rest!! Okay buh bye!!

Hugz and trixxez,

- Punzzlez <3

Split ends and New friends || Friede x readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें