04 - Pilingitam forest

After the dinner, Eliana longed for nothing more than to retire for some rest, but her plans were interrupted by a raspy voice from behind.

"You think you can get rid of me so easily, gorgeous?" Feyd murmured quietly, his lips hovering near her ear, sending shivers down her spine with his warm breath.

Caught off guard by his approach, Eliana offered a small smile. "I just thought it was time to call it a day," she replied softly, her gaze drifting into the distance.

Feyd noticed her faint smile and spoke slowly, hoping to prolong their time together. "Maybe not just yet," he suggested, his excitement barely contained as he entertained the idea of spending more time with her.

"If you wish, I can stay," Eliana responded quietly, turning her head slightly to meet his gaze. Feyd pulled away, trying to appear casual despite his inner excitement at the prospect of their continued company.

"Let me show you somewhere," he suggested, admiring her features. Eliana considered the idea briefly before calmly agreeing, prompting a genuine but barely visible smile from Feyd.

------

Feyd decided to lead Eliana through the forests of Giedi Prime, specifically the Piligintam forest nearby. Throughout the journey, he stole glances at her as they engaged in small talk.

Approaching the forest, Eliana inquired about its unique nature. "I've never seen this type of forest before. What is it called?"

"It's the Piligintam forest. Have you heard of it before?" Feyd asked, turning to face her fully as she gazed up at the towering trees.

"I've read about it years ago," she admitted softly, still admiring the scenery.

Feyd chuckled, impressed. "Something? Well, tell me what you know."

"It's highly prized by artists for its softwood when freshly cut. It can absorb pigments and create a natural-looking finish," she explained, glancing at him. "It's fascinating."

Feyd nodded slowly. "Indeed. You're quite knowledgeable."

"I learned it on my own," Eliana replied truthfully, turning her attention back to the trees. Despite the silence between them, Feyd's gaze lingered on her, a silent understanding passing between them.

"Have you spent years alone?" he inquired, his voice carrying a note of genuine curiosity.

Her gaze met his briefly before darting away, a flicker of vulnerability crossing her features. "Yes," she replied softly, her tone tinged with a hint of resignation.

Observing her reaction, he tilted his head slightly, his expression thoughtful. "Their loss," he murmured, his voice tinged with a hint of regret as he glanced away, as if pondering the implications of her solitude.

Confusion furrowed her brow as she sought to understand his meaning. "What do you mean?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

"They missed out on the company of a remarkably talented and intelligent individual," he explained, his gaze returning to hers with a hint of admiration. Despite her attempt to conceal it, a faint blush colored her cheeks at his compliment, causing her to glance away in a mixture of bashfulness and disbelief.

"It's the truth," he continued, his voice gentle yet firm. "There's no need to be so modest with me, darling."

With a sense of tender reassurance, he closed the distance between them, his footsteps deliberate yet unhurried. As he reached her side, he extended a hand, gently tilting her chin upwards to meet his gaze. In that fleeting moment, as their eyes locked in silent understanding, the air between them seemed to crackle with anticipation, hinting at the possibility of something more profound than mere words could convey.

She took a sharp breath, instinctively stepping back. "I think it's time we head back. It's getting late," she said, her tone carrying a hint of reluctance.

He let out a quiet sigh, a trace of disappointment flickering across his expression. "Sure, if that's what you want," he acquiesced, though inside, he wished they could stay a bit longer. He craved more of their intimate moments, more time with her. More of her.

Leading her back towards the palace, he made an effort to fill the silence with sporadic small talk. However, his mind remained preoccupied with thoughts of what could have been. He longed for there to be more between them, for their connection to deepen into something meaningful. Yet, he reminded himself, their time would come.

---Author's notes---

Oh my god!? This story blew up so quickly in a few days and I'm so so grateful for that!! Thank you all so much for the support <3 I'll try to post another chapter as soon as possible for y'all.

P.s.: The Pilingitam forests are real in the Dune universe. Got info about them on Dune Wiki ;)