07 - After party

Following the splendid affair of Feyd and Eliana's wedding day, the festivities continued with the much-anticipated after-party. As they made their way together, Eliana and Feyd-Rautha walked side by side to their designated seats. Feyd pulled out Eliana's chair for her in a gesture of chivalry, allowing her to settle in comfortably. She observed him taking the seat beside hers from the corner of her eye.

With a subtle glance at Feyd, Eliana surveyed the room, now bustling with guests eager to extend their congratulations to the newlywed couple. As a respected figure in the realm, Feyd would undoubtedly receive numerous well-wishes from the nobles in attendance, further solidifying his status as a prominent figure in their midst.

She longed for the level of respect bestowed upon Feyd, but she couldn't forget her own identity – she was an Atreides. In Giedi Prime, where her family had been locked in conflict with the Harkonnens for generations, if not centuries, it seemed unlikely that anyone would extend such regard to her. It was a harsh reality for a young woman with ambitious aspirations overshadowed by the weight of history and animosity.

Yet she remains resolute in her convictions.

She grasped a goblet of wine, relishing its taste as she surveyed the room and its occupants. A sense of being watched lingered, undoubtedly emanating from Feyd. Who else could cast such an intense gaze her way?

Turning to meet his eyes, she held his gaze steadily. "Care to share your thoughts?" she asked, her tone measured as she took another sip of wine.

A smirk tugged at the corners of his lips. "Just enjoying the view, darling," he replied.

Of course he would say that. With a scoff and a roll of her eyes, she redirected her attention to the other guests, dismissing his comment with a casual flick of her hand.

His brow furrowed in genuine curiosity. "Did I offend you?" he inquired, making an effort to extend courtesy, a behavior foreign to his nature. Yet for her, he was willing to step out of his comfort zone.

"No, Feyd," she began, meeting his gaze. "You're just too easy to read," she explained casually, infused with a playful tone.

A flicker of amusement crossed his features, though he resisted the urge to chuckle. Instead, he offered a faint smile. "You may have just insulted me, my dear," he remarked lightly.

"I'm not particularly concerned," she replied simply, her nonchalant demeanor intriguing him further.

"Tell me, my wife," he continued after a brief silence. "What sort of entertainment would you prefer?"

Confusion clouded her expression as she glanced at him. "What do you mean?" she asked.

Casting a quick glance at the crowd before returning his attention to her, he elaborated, "What type of performance do you enjoy? Singing, dancing, perhaps something more... unconventional? I'm here to ensure your enjoyment, after all."

"Even after I insulted you?" she asked teasingly.

"Yes. I'm at your mercy, my dear." he responded promptly, a smirk playing at his lips.

She cocked her head slightly, a hint of confusion in her expression. "That's hard to believe," she remarked.

His smile widened. "Perhaps not entirely at your mercy, but I'm certainly willing to heed your requests. Feel free to ask anything of me. I'll endeavor to fulfill your desires, provided it doesn't tarnish my reputation or the like."

She scoffed, a flicker of offense crossing her features. "No need for that, darling," he chimed in, as if sensing her mood. "I still hold affection for you-"