06 - The day pt.2

Eliana stood poised at the entrance of the cool, dimly lit building, its tinted windows attempting to shield its occupants from the relentless glare of the sun outside. As the doors parted, she stepped into the shadowy yet mysteriously illuminated space, her presence commanding attention amidst the interplay of light and shadow.

The guests turned their heads, their gazes fixed upon her as she entered, her black and white attire starkly contrasting against the muted backdrop of the venue. Each step echoed purposefully as she made her way down the aisle, her expression composed and determined.

As she approached the altar, Eliana's thoughts drifted to the weighty responsibilities that lay ahead. This union was not merely a celebration of love, but a strategic alliance forged in the crucible of politics and power. With each measured stride, she embraced the gravity of the moment, fully aware of the sacrifices and compromises that awaited her.

Casting a quick glance at Feyd-Rautha, she noted his attire and confident demeanor amidst the subdued ambiance. Returning her attention to the priest as he began his speech, Eliana found herself disinterested, viewing the proceedings as little more than a tiresome formality. After all, her presence here served but one purpose - to secure the union between House Atreides and House Harkonnen.

Lost in her thoughts, Eliana was suddenly jolted back to reality by the sensation of a cold hand brushing against hers. She stole a fleeting glance at her fiancé, catching sight of a sly smirk forming on his lips. Could it be that this alliance held more than just political significance? Perhaps there was room for a bit of enjoyment after all. She didn't mind that notion in the slightest.

Eliana glanced back at the priest as he uttered the words, "You may now exchange vows." A sharp intake of breath betrayed her nerves, aware of Feyd's intense gaze fixed upon her. With deliberate movements, she turned her head towards him, then shifted her body to face him fully.

Feyd reached for her hands, his touch gentle yet firm as he enveloped her palms with his own. The sensation of his thumb tracing soothing circles on her skin provided a comforting anchor amidst the swirling emotions of the moment.

Feyd took a deep breath in, starting with his vows: "Today, as we stand here, I pledge my unwavering loyalty and devotion to you. I vow to support you in times of triumph and challenge, to cherish and honor you for all the days of our lives.

I promise to stand by your side, to protect you, and to uplift you in every way I can. I pledge to be your partner in all things, sharing in your joys and comforting you in your sorrows. Together, let us build a future filled with love, respect, and unwavering commitment.

I give you my heart, my soul, and my love, now and forevermore."

A sharp intake of breath escaped Eliana's lips, a faint blush rising to her cheeks at his words. She attempted to reassure herself that they were merely spoken for political expediency, even though a part of her secretly longed for their sincerity to ring true.

With a quick lick of her lips, she begins her vows, her words deliberate yet heartfelt: "Today, I stand here with you, prepared to confront whatever trials and joys come our way. I pledge to be your steadfast support, to show you honor, and to remain by your side through all circumstances. Together, let us chart our course forward, bound by a shared purpose and mutual respect.

I vow to treasure our connection, nurturing it with tenderness, and to consistently strive to be the partner you deserve. With each breath I take, I offer you my love and unwavering commitment, both now and for all time to come."

Honestly, those words brought a slight smirk to Feyd-Rautha's lips. Whether they were spoken from the depths of Eliana's heart or simply for the sake of appearances, he found himself captivated by the smooth elegance of her voice. Regardless of their true meaning, he embraced them with a sense of fondness, cherishing the moment as it unfolded before him.

Now came the moment of the kiss. Eliana, having never kissed anyone before, felt a flutter of nerves, hoping that Feyd would lead this part. Feyd drew her close by the waist, murmuring softly, "It'll be quick and gentle," before pressing his lips to hers. The crowd erupted into cheers, celebrating the union of the newlyweds.

After they parted from the brief kiss, Eliana hesitated to meet his gaze, feeling a flush of warmth spread across her cheeks. Feyd noticed her reaction and smiled knowingly. "First time?" he remarked, his tone gentle.

Eliana let out a soft chuckle. "Is it that obvious?" she asked, a hint of self-consciousness in her voice. Feyd nodded in response, a fondness evident in his expression. "It's rather endearing," he added, his admiration for her growing stronger with each passing moment. Despite the complexities of their situation, he found himself drawn to her in ways he couldn't fully explain. As long as she remained by his side, everything else seemed insignificant.