4. Flushing the Past

"You are such a cartoon. Do you know that?" asked Jungkook while leaning against the edge of the table, which was in front of the bed where Taehyung was sitting. The bed was dressed in faded sheets, sagged in the center. Stains adorned the carpet, and the peeling wallpaper revealed the passage of time.

"Maybe, but I know karate," replied Taehyung. He was sitting on the bed, hugging his knees.

"So?" asked Jungkook.

"I am just informing you. I am a black belt," said Taehyung, wanting Jungkook to know that he is strong.

"Oh, I see! You know karate. It means that if I try to rape you, then you will use your karate tactics on me. Right?" asked Jungkook.

"Maybe. I mean, yes, absolutely! I just look like this, but I have beaten many people, "said Taehyung.

"Don't worry, I won't rape you," replied Jungkook with a smile.

"You can't do it!" exclaimed Taehyung.

"I don't want to do it," said Jungkook.

"Even if you wanted to, you couldn't," said Taehyung.

"Are you trying to provoke me to rape you?" asked Jungkook.

"No. I am just trying to clear it up. So that you don't get the wrong signal. I hugged you at the station, and I said, Let's go to some hotel. I don't know what you must be thinking. That too, a man like you," said Taehyung while eyeing Jungkook.

"A man like me? What does that mean?" Jungkook remarked this while putting his hands against his chest and taking a step forward towards Taehyung.

"Girls and boys must be hovering around you in Seoul. Those kinds of girls who sleep with anyone. Let me tell you, I am not that kind of person. Don't even think of it!"

"My thinking is orthodox. I am a one-man man, and I have a boyfriend. His name is Yoongi! One and only! Forever and ever!" said Taehyung,his voice filled with happiness and pride.

"You will be pleased to know that I also have just one individual who holds significance in my life, said Jungkook.

"Look at this," he said while pulling out his wallet and showing him Seokjin's photo.

For Jungkook, the photo of Seokjin was more than just a picture. It represented the love and commitment they shared, acting as a constant reminder of the deep bond and affection they had for each other.

Taehyung's excitement bubbled over as he jumped down from the bed, eagerly exclaiming, "Show! Show!". Snatching the photo from Jungkook's hand, he said, "Wow! He is stunningly handsome. You are very lucky.".

Jungkook's smile faltered as he replied, "No, I am not lucky," his tone tinged with bitterness.

Confusion clouded Taehyung's expression as he furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "What?"

Sensing Jungkook's reluctance to elaborate, Taehyung presumed, "Oh! So this is the problem. He dumped you."

"Life has dumped me," Jungkook confessed sadly, reflecting on how life had seemingly abandoned him. From his mother's betrayal to his father's death, it left him feeling utterly alone. Seokjin had once been his pillar, but even that bond was shattered when Seokjin chose another man over him.

Jungkook sat on the bed while listening to Taehyung.

Taehyung's frustration mounted as he said, "What do you mean? Oh God! The famous silence and all. What is this great secret of yours? I have told you everything. Why can't you tell me? Anyway!... Look! Look at this photo. This man has dumped you. Right? Hold this!" He said this as he gave Jungkook the photo and rummaged around the room for a lighter, eventually finding one and handing it to Jungkook.

"Burn it,Taehyung commanded. He leaned in closer, ensuring eye contact with Jungkook, who remained seated on the bed.

Jungkook protested, "Come on, Taehyung, you can't be serious."

"I am damn serious. Burn this photo," Taehyung insisted firmly.

Perplexed by Taehyung's persistence, Jungkook questioned, "What childishness is this?"

Taehyung continued to encourage Jungkook to "listen to me. Do this childish deed! burn this! You will feel really good. Burn him, burn it now, come on."

Reluctantly, Jungkook followed Taehyung's instructions and burned the photo.

"Ok, now go to the bathroom and flush him out of your life forever! Go!" said Taehyung enthusiastically.

Jungkook simply went in the washroom and flushed Seokjin's photo. As he emerged from the bathroom, Taehyung looked at him with curious eyes, asking, "How was it?" Getting up from the bed, he now stood face-to-face with Jungkook.

"Actually, after doing this stupidity, I am actually feeling better," Jungkook admitted.

Encouraged by Jungkook's response, Taehyung reassured him, "So, and shall I tell you the truth? You don't look bad! You are handsome. You seem to be rich too. You will surely find someone much better than him. He was nothing compared to you."

"Thankyou. That's very kind of you," Jungkook replied with a grateful smile.

Taehyung's enthusiasm bubbled over as he continued, "I am telling you! Any man will be captivated by you. You have that charm. Look, I am getting married to Yoongi and all that, but if he hadn't come into my life, then you never know... Maybe I would've been smitten by you too! Just imagine," he declared, placing his hands on his chest and looking upwards.

"You like yourself a lot. don't you?" teased Jungkook about Taehyung's self-confidence while folding his hands on his chest.

"A lot! I am my favorite," replied Taehyung.

Jungkook smiled at him.

"What happen?" Asked Taehyung.

"I wish I too could have been like you," stated Jungkook as he felt a sense of admiration and envy towards his carefree and spontaneous nature. Reflecting on his own reserved and cautious personality, he wished he could embrace life with the same spontaneity and joy as Taehyung does.

"That is extremely difficult, but you will find a better man. That's for sure!" said Taehyung.

"Why don't you just find someone better for me? said Jungkook.

Excitement surged through Taehyung as an idea sparked in his mind. "Of course. Okay, tell me something. Do you like me?" He asked eagerly.

"What?" Jungkook replied, his confusion evident as he kept his hands tucked in his pockets.

"Look! I mean, look at me," requested Taehyung.

"What type of question is this? Taehyung, don't be dumb. I am not going to answer this," replied Jungkook with a frown.

"Tell me?" asked Taehyung again.

Taehyung twirled around so that Jungkook could look at him and give an answer.

Just as Jungkook was about to reply, a series of loud knocks interrupted them.

Opening the door, Jungkook observed people rushing out of the motel, in their disoriented and dishelved state. His gaze fell on Mingyu, who appeared equally bewildered amidst the commotion.

___________
Hey Queens,
Thankyou for 100 reads on my book. Love you all