The 46 Stop

Today was awful. I never ever will take an AP class again. I get into my car and sigh. I just want to finish highschool. I've only got a few weeks left then I'm done. I don't even wanna think about college. My cell rings and I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Girl!"

My best friend Layla responds.

"What's up?"

"I know you just finished your last AP test soooo I thought we could celebrate! Let's go to the bar out on 46 tonight!"

"Layla we are 18 we can't go drinking.."

"Oh come onnnnn we just wash the X off in the sink like always don't be a stick in the mud!"

I stay silent thinking about it. These nights hardly went well for me. The hangovers suck and so did the not remembering.

"I'm picking you up at eight and you better dress cute I heard Jake will be thereeee bye!!!"

I sigh and throw my phone into the seat beside me. I did not want to see that idiot tonight but if he was gonna be there I was gonna make him regret leaving me.

I put on a black lace tank top and some Jean daisy dukes. Layla said my black cowboy boots look better than my, in her words, "dirty old brown boots" so I had those as well. Jake always liked the fact I didn't dress peppy but he went for a peppy cheerleader while with me so explain that. Layla had to force me to her car. I tried to keep my boots in the gravel but she was stronger. After a bit of driving I finally see the neon sign that reads The 46 Stop. This bar is as old as my grandparents but all the teens and college kids still go here. We get out and start to head inside. Layla yanks on my arm and points to the sign.

"It's jukebox line dancing night y/n!!!! Some guy is gonna pick you up when he sees you boot scoot and boogie"

She laughed and shook my head.  People always did say I was great at line dances but I blame that on the whiskey. Tonight though I wasn't picking up a guy. I was making Jake jealous and line dancing with other guys is the best way.