Jukebox Love

As Layla and I walked into the bar the jukebox music and laughter got louder. Layla quickly saw Jake and pointed him out. He looked so good tonight. He had on his rodeo jeans and a cream button up shirt. He was even wearing the cowboy hat I got him last Christmas. My initials where still engraved onto the band. My jaw clenched and I took Laylas hand going to the bar. Kev looked at us and smiled.

"What can I get my favorite girls?"

"You know our order a whiskey and vodka cranberry"

Kev winked and made Layla and I our drinks. We sat at the bar and immediately Layla starts talking about how Jake is looking at me. I glance over to where I saw him last. Sure enough there he is shaggy blonde hair and all grinning at me. I flip him off and turn back to Layla as we get our drinks. I down mine needing the courage to get through the night. Layla raises her eyebrow and sets down her drink.

"Let's go dance. It will make him even more jealous."

I nod and head to the scuffed up dance floor. The band sees Layla and the lead singer, her boyfriend, points to her. She smiles and waves and he starts to play the Watermelon Crawl. It was Layla's favorite line dance so of course we jump right into it. After a few more songs I feel hands wrap around my hips and spin me around. I look up to the familiar gaze of Jake.

"So did you come out here to get back with me or to get back at me?"

"That's up to you sir and for right now it is to get back at you and your blondie"

I tiled my chin upwards to motion to the girl in white cowboy boots and a pink glittery top.

"She's dumb.. but you.. you are feisty which I love"

Jake leans down and grabs my chin about to kiss me. I shove him off looking disgusted. He noticeably got angry and threw his beer causing a loud crash as it collided with the wall. Kev sees the commotion and pulls Jake outside. I mouth thank you to Kev and he nods. I go back to Layla and her boyfriend on the stage.

"Hey are you okay y/n?"

"Yeah just that stupid drunk cheating asshole"

People start to leave as the night goes on and now there's just a handful left dancing and enjoying the night life. Suddenly the old jukebox starts playing and everyone's head snaps to it. A young guy in a flannel and jeans stood there looking confused. People shrugged and went on. The jukebox guy looked to me. Our eyes locked for a split second. He seemed young like Layla and I. My eyes followed him as he went back to the bar and sat by a older guy. Layla handed me her empty glass and I chuckled as I go back to the bar for her another drink. I sit down on stool beside the guy in the flannel. I don't know why I did it but he seemed so mysterious and I wanted to know more about this guy I've never seen.

"Kev! Layla wants another vodka cranberry"

"You want another whiskey?"

"Nah I'm good I'm the DD"

Kev shrugs and starts to make Layla's drink. The guy in the flannel turns to me. He has captivating green eyes that smiled before his mouth did.

"A hottie like you drinks whiskey?"

"And? It's more of an actual drink than what most people get including beer"

I look down at his beer and smirk. I could tell he was the guy that likes to mess around. He had that sideways smile that made girls melt but I wasn't going to let him get to me. Not yet at least.

"Here ya go y/n"

"Thanks Kev! See you later we will probably leave soon"

As I get up to walk back to Layla the guy grabs my hand. I look down at him shocked and I swear for a second he was shocked as well.

"If I don't see you again I want your number. I fly through places a lot so I'm not sure we will see each other again and well"

He started to ramble and honestly it was cute. It seemed like he had only be with a few girls and he was still learning to be smooth. I chuckle slightly and grab a marker from behind the bar. I grab his arm and pull up his sleeve. He looked at me and smirked thinking that he really charmed me. I wrote down my number and left him at the bar. After Layla finished her last drink I take her out to her car. I drove her back to my house and carried her inside. My parents where gone for the weekend so she slept on the couch. I get up to my room and turn on my radio. I love Rock and Roll starts playing and I started singing along while I got ready for bed.

"I saw him dancin' there by the record machine
I knew he must've been about 17"

My mind thought back to the bar and seeing the guy with the pretty green eyes and him by the jukebox. I smiled. Wait why was I smiling. I don't even know the guys name! I sigh and go to bed. I so can not get into another relationship. He even said he flys through towns so what's the point.