The last time

The next day at school was a blur. Cops pulled me to the office at some point to ask about Jake's death. He apparently jumped off Deadman's Bridge. The bridge was named that for that reason. Dean made me laugh when he was around. Layla was worried but didn't pry. I started to head for my car as I felt hands wrap around my hips.

"Dean- I know it's you"

"Oh come on, how am I supposed to surprise you?"

I laughed as he opened my car door for me. Dean was a really nice guy under all the macho stuff. I would've loved to date him or be with him if he was going to stay around.

"So are we just friends then? Not like this relationship can go anywhere so.."

My words trailed off stuck in my throat. Dean took my hand and brushed his thumb across my knuckles. I smiled sadly as I looked at him. He smiled as well. I knew this was his last day here but I wasn't going to let him know I knew. He put his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him. He pulled my chin up and pulled me into a soft kiss. It hurt to kiss him knowing I would never see him again. The kiss felt like electricity running down my spin. It was exciting and new. The kiss ended too quick for either of our liking. He sighed and his shoulders dropped. He hugged me and turned away.

"I'll see you another time y/n"

Having him leave was the worst pain I ever felt. I drove home tears rolling down my cheeks. It was such a short time. Why did I care this much about him? When I got home my parents where still gone. I go to my room and turn on my radio ready to rage write in my dairy. The song that always makes me think of the jukebox guy with green eyes came on.

"I saw him dancin' there by the record machine
I knew he must've been about 17....

The beat was goin' strong
Playin' my favorite song....

And I could tell it wouldn't be long
'Til he was with me, yeah, me
And I could tell it wouldn't be long
'Til he was with me, yeah, me, singin'...

"I love rock 'n roll
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock 'n roll
So come and take your time and dance with me...

Ow!

He smiled, so I got up and asked for his name

"That don't matter", he said, "'Cause it's all the same"

Said, "Can I take you home where we can be alone?"

And next, we were movin' on....."