vi.

Ok, so this is sort of like a 100 view special. For every one of these milestones, I would be adding one of these one shots that are either from the future or past that adds to the original plot. I also have another book: set fire to the rain, which is all oneshots. If you have something you want to see into this or that book, just leave a comment or message me and I will try to twist it into one of these stories. But like always, thank you all so much! Keep looking out for more chapters and specials like this! 

Cold air stung Hester's cheeks as wind whipped across the frozen winter landscape. A thick sheet of ice covered the rocky pavement, making it almost impossible to move across. As she braved the cruelty of winter, she felt a cold hand tighten around her own. Black met red in an explosion of fireworks, the dynamics almost sky-high. 

"You really hate the winter, huh?" Anadil asked sarcastically, watching as Hester desperately tried to regain her balance after face planting into the ground for a second time. She puffed, a burst of frigid air escaping her mouth. 

"No I don't. It's just fucking stupid!" she ranted, kicking a snowman at the side of the road, "I mean, the air's too cold, people sleep like its hibernation season, and all the assholes in Camelot have had their prissy decorations up the moment the clock struck twelve on November 1st!" 

"So you hate winter and Christmas?" Dot said from behind, practically ice skating her way through the slippery road. Her plump frame was hidden behind a thick pink winter jacket followed by an even thicker scarf and mittens. In turn, the only thing visible on her body were her two eyes, slitted through the holes of a second scarf. 

Anadil snorted slightly. "Remind me not get you a present then." she joked, punching Hester in the arm and watching her fluster. 

Hester left out another dignified puff before trekking forward. 

"Why can't we just be nice to each other?" Kiko asked, out of breath from catching up with the group. 

Silence fell under the quiet woods. 

Before it was interrupted by a cackle. Followed by two more, and a very confused looking Kiko. 

******

The warm toasty fireplace heated the room as everyone huddled in front of Agatha and Tedros's hearth. The couple had invited everyone over to have Christmas dinner. Hester had wanted to decline the offer due to the fact that Sophie Woods would be there- the blond bitch who does a 40 step makeup routine but still comes out looking like a ninny. But with enough coaxing (and whining) from Dot, Anadil and Kiko, the four had decided to come. 

Ever since Tedros was elected as mayor, the two moved into a huge white mansion on Kings Avenue, AKA where all the rich asses live. As if Camelot wasn't bad enough, they just had to live on Kings Av. If Hester's eyes could pop out, they would have rolled to the moon and back. 

As everyone sat down on the floor, Sophie's overpowering lavender scent from Gucci wafted around the room in thick waves of nausea. 

"Oh my god, can you like get rid of that fucking perfume?" Hester burst, glaring daggers at Sophie. 

"Don't be a boob, darling. It's Gucci's limited edition scent of 2014. At least I don't smell like... like a mole rat that came out of a swamp." Sophie retorted. 

"Sophie, Hester come on, it's Christmas. Besides, I don't think it's that bad." Agatha smiled, looking at her best friend with such love.

 And suddenly all made sense to Hester. 

Love was so complicated. It could be built on trust like Agatha and Tedros. Or like her and Ani, burning like the flames of the fireplace, the two of them against the world. Or even like Kiko and Dot, sweet and simple. Sophie and Agatha, best friends, sisters, black and white, ying and yang, whatever you liked to call it. 

But it was so beautiful. 

Love. 

*******

"AGGIE! HORT! HELP! HESTER'S THROTTLING ME!"