FOUR

AFTER BREAKFAST WE headed into the town an hour later. Thankfully, to Friede's words, he ate breakfast and took a power nap before we arrived.

Murdock brought out Rockruff to help look for Sprigatito with its strong sense of smell, which will be very handy. I didn't know whether or not I should bring Arcanine to help us out, but I brought him to my party anyway, along with Alakazam, as if he was gonna do much anyways, and Braviary, for any aerial search that was needed.

For the search, it was Friede, Murdock and his Rockruff, and I, where we all split up to cover more ground.

It was probably an hour later that I got a call to go back to the ship.

Before heading back though, I went shopping for Liko. Since well, we did technically kidnap her... 😬

The sun was setting when I finally got back to the Olivine.

I may have gone a little overboard with the shopping...

Orla noticed me finally onboard and shook her head, "Where have you been?"

I showed her the shopping bags. That was all she needed to see.

"Seriously? You went shopping?" She raised an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed.

I chuckled nervously, scratching the back of my head. "Well, yeah... I was already there, so I said, why not? Where's Liko?"

Orla sighed, "Not sure, but she's probably hanging out with Sprigatito."

"Probably," I replied, nodding in agreement. "I'll go find her and give her the gifts."

Orla waved me off with a smile, "Just don't take too long. We still have work to do."

I gave her a short salute before walking off in search of the girl.

The airship already left the harbor ten minutes ago, and I ended up not finding her, so I stowed away the clothes into my room and then made my way to the main deck where everyone else was, passing Ludlow who was at his usual spot with Quaxley.

"Aw, I knew it! Your nose is the best!" Murdock cooed, rubbing his face into Rockruff's fur as everyone watched their interaction.

"Yeah, Rockruff's the MVP," Friede said from on top of the roof of the control room.

"Oh, hey Liko!" Orla exclaimed when the young girl came from the lower deck.

Where has the girl been?! I've been looking all over for her.

"Um... It might be a bit late for me to say this, but..." She started, looking down nervously, "I think I'll put my trust in you,"

"What's this?" Friede tilted his head and smiled at her, "Did you not trust us before?"

'We did technically kidnap her against her will,' I thought to myself.

She looked at him in shock, "Well! You didn't explain anything, and you carried me off, and to be honest, you do look pretty suspicious," Liko argued with a sheepish look.

"She has a point," I mumbled.

"I don't know what's happening to me." Liko continued, "But I want to find out what this pendant is and why those people are after me. So I hope you'll let me stick around a little while longer!"

Friede hummed attractively before looking down at Pikachu, "What do you think, Cap?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu replied happily.