SEVEN

ARCANINE ENDED UP taking off into the forest before halting and then making a U-Turn back to the ship. I was confused at first, but I didn't doubt him and let him do what he needed to.

Out of nowhere, a whirlwind of wind and sand emerged from the beach, causing me to feel worried. Arcanine quickened his pace upon seeing it.

As we arrived where we came from, I put my hand up to shield my eyes from the swirling dust, and it was hard to miss a bright green light emerging from the tornado.

Through the gaps in my fingers, I saw the same green, geometric shield surrounding Liko and Sprigatito. Amethio and his Corviknight were just outside of it, looking at it in a mix of awe and frustration.

The shield only lasted for a few moments before disappearing. I rested my hand on my side as I watched Friede try to get to Liko and Roy, only to be blocked by Amethio's henchmen.

I frowned, looking back and forth at my partner and the two children getting confronted by Amethio.

Friede could take care of himself.

Arcanine seemed to sense my thoughts because he immediately jumped down right in between Amethio and the children.

"Get out of my way," The split-haired kid said, everything about him monotone. He was such an emo kid, but very elegant dare I say so 👿

I pretended to think for a second before saying: "Nah!"

He deeply scowled, clearly not liking my response, "Fine then... Let's settle this with a battle,"

I got off from Arcanine's back, "Are you able to continue?" I asked him. He replied with a confident bark. "Great, let's go, Arcanine!" The large, bulky Pokémon stepped forward in front of me, in a sort of lunging position with his tail swaying side to side excitedly.

"Ceruledge!" Amethio called out, the tall, humanoid knight Pokémon appearing from his Pokéball. It made an entrance with its arms in an 'X' and then swung them down to its sides with a loud slice through the air.

We stared each other down, "Your move," I told him.

He clicked his tongue, "You're annoying, old woman," He said, the way he addressed me making me gape my mouth, "Ceruledge, use Psycho Cut!"

Old... OLD WOMAN?? Who does this kid think he is??

Two purple glowing blades came out from the sides of Ceruledge's arms and started heading straight at Arcanine at an intense speed—too much for him to dodge correctly.

The move hit his lower legs and he yelped as I shielded my face from the small explosion that occurred. "Are you okay?" I asked him. He shook his fur and grunted. I took that as a yes, "Alright use Crunch!"

It'd be useless to use any fire-type moves against Ceruledge, knowing that it's a fire and ghost type, both of which are, somewhat, weak against dark-type moves, which is what Arcanine is about to do.

The furred Pokémon winded up before pouncing forward, his jaw opening with his sharp canine teeth glowing. Unlike with Golduck before, he was unable to latch onto the armored Pokémon because Amethio had shouted: "Block it with Night Slash!"

With a quick and graceful motion, Ceruledge raised its arms, causing the blades that served as its limbs to emit a brilliant white-blue light. The light united into the shape of an 'X,' which it used to block Arcanine's attack, standing firm as my partner tried to make it budge.

It was kind of a funny sight to see regarding their height difference.

Upon that, the six-foot-three canine was easily able to take over the five-foot knight.