SIX

A YAWN LEFT my lips as I walked up the stairs from the kitchen. It was late at night, and I woke up for a glass of cold Milktank milk. I don't know why, but I was just craving it and I couldn't resist it.

I took a sip from my cup as I reached the bottom of the stairs when I suddenly heard a scream outside, which startled me and Unown, who had accompanied me during this quick night trip. I raised a brow and opened the door to the deck, revealing the boy from earlier today who had just been electrocuted by Cap.

"Roy?" I questioned, looking down at the boy who was groaning in pain.

"Oh, hey..." He greeted them in a daze.

There was clamoring behind me. I turned my head to see that everyone had woken up from that scream and came down to the deck in thoughts of an intruder.

"Great job, Cap!" Friede said, but took a moment to look closer, "Wait,"

"Mr. Friede!" Roy exclaimed, out of his daze, "Ms. [name]! Oh, and Liko!" There was a wide grin on his face.

"Hmm?" Orla looked at the three of us, "Do you know him?"

"Yeah," I replied after taking a sip out of my cup, Unown hovering above my head, "We met him yesterday while he was helping Liko,"

"Right, his name is Roy," Liko informed, "But what are you doing here?"

Roy jumped up, Pikachu falling off him, "LIKO! I had to see that face again!" There was a look of fear on Liko's face, "Fuecoco!"

"F-Fuecoco?" Liko repeated, her face filling with slight relief.

"Roy... Even so, you can't just hop on board," Friede explained to him, hands on his hips.

"O-Oh, I..."

"This ship belongs to the Rising Volt Tacklers," Murdock said, his arms crossed over his chest.

"In other words, it's basically our home," Mollie added.

Roy bowed, "I'm sorry! I won't do it again!"

"So? Why'd you wanna see Fuecoco again?" Friede asked the boy.

"I don't wanna just say goodbye to Fuecoco!" Roy exclaimed, a shimmer in his eyes as he spoke fondly of the Pokémon. "I wanna eat berries with it, and practice singing with it again!"

"Are you saying you want to be Fuecoco's partner?" Liko asked him with a smile.

Roy looked like he came to a realization, "Yeah... I think so!"

"Hold it, you two," Friede interrupted, "Don't get carried away,"

I nodded my head, "We still have to see how Fuecoco feels about it as well, but... I don't see it refusing, honestly,"

"I... What should I...?"

"Sleep here for the night." the white-haired man suggested, "Spend more time with Fuecoco, see how you both feel."

Roy grinned widely, "Really?! All right!" He turned to face the young girl, "Liko! Do you know where Fuecoco is?"

"I think so,"

"Let's go!"

           THAT NIGHT I did not end up getting a good sleep. I don't know about Friede, but for some reason, there was some loud singing throughout the night which kept me awake. It was like a lost Haunter lurking around the halls.

Rubbing my eyes, I stepped out of my room with Unown on top of my head, its thin body in a slouched position. It seemed like it also didn't get any sleep as well.