Band Practice With A few Threats And Apologies -28-

The doorbell rang and I got up to open it. I opened the wood barrier to see Ronnie, Jacky, and Ryan. I let them in and looked over the living room as I closed the door.

The furniture was set, decorations had been put up... It finally looked like a normal house. It only took a few weeks for me to gather up the little knick knacks and different frames for pictures. And I felt proud to know that I did practically everything in this house.

"The basement door is down the hall. The one that goes straight, not the gay one," I told them as I headed into the kitchen. I grabbed three bottles of water for them and walked back out to see them standing there in confusion.

"The gay one?" Ronnie looked at me with an expression of confusion and concern. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Fine, fine. Go down the straight one, not the one that branches off of it. God damn, you heteros," I mumbled to myself as I handed them their water bottles and walked down the hallway to the door at the end of it. I opened it and let the other go in before me. We walked down the stairs and greeted my friends with my band. "Okay! This is CC, drums, Jinxx and Jake, guitar, and Ashley, bass. Well, here's AJ, too, but she's our merch girl in the future. She called it. We are Black Veil Brides." They all waved and I took that as my cue. "Guys, this is Ronnie, Jacky, and Ryan. They're from Falling In Reverse." I nodded and stepped towards the side.

Ronnie bit his lip and hm'd to himself. He walked up to Ashley and looked down on him. "So... You're the famous Ashley Purdy I've heard so much about." I blushed horribly and hid behind the drum set, afraid of what I knew was about to happen.

"Yup. That's me," Ashley nodded. Ronnie took ahold of the front of Ashley's shirt and sort of lifted him up before whispering in his ear. Ashley's eyes widened and his face was filled with fear. Ashley nodded his head and swallowed. Ronnie pulled on his shirt a little tighter, causing Ashley to say yes out loud. Ronnie let go of Ashley and ruffled his hair. "Let's um... Let's practice," Ashley cleared his throat.

I got out from behind the drum set and got my red notebook. I had bought another notebook from Half Price Books that had sheet music inside of it. I put them next to each other and placed them on top of a tall stool we had. "Anything new?" I asked them.

"I've got one." CC spoke up. I was kind of taken aback, considering he wasn't the one who usually wrote lyrics.

"Is it complete?" I questioned. CC nodded and gave me the lyrics on a few ripped out pages of notebook paper. I looked over the lyrics and handed it to Jinxx and Jake.

"I just need help with everything else that's not drumming," CC mumbled.

"That's why we're here!" Ashley exclaimed.

"Can we warm up with another song and then move on to this one?" Jinxx asked us. CC nodded and sat on his seat.

"What song, babe?" Jake asked Jinxx.

"I guess... Um... The one that starts right off with the screaming?" Jinxx turned to me. "Or do you not want to scream today?"

"No, no, it'll be fine. Let's do, but we do need to come up with a song title for that song, though," I told him. Jinxx nodded and put on his guitar.

"Ready? One, two, three!" CC started us out and I cleared my throat.

I took ahold of the unplugged microphone on its stand; it was quiet until I started screaming and kept screaming for about five seconds - which was only half the time I was supposed to be screaming - but I started laughing at myself and couldn't stop laughing.

"Yeah... I was right on my doubts of letting him scream today," Jinxx mumbled to himself.

"Andy? What the hell are you on?" Jacky asked me.

"Um... Sugar? Maybe?! I mean, I had a Capri Sun... What the fuck?!" I started laughing some more and fell to the ground laughing.

"When my band and I still lived together, we would fight over who had the last Capri Sun," Ryan spoke up, causing me to laugh even more.

"This is gonna be another hella interesting practice," Jake chuckled to himself.

-~-

After practice, Ronnie decided to stay for another hour or two after Jacky and Ryan had left to watch a movie with us. I had gone down the gay hall and grabbed The Secret of Nimh and The Spongebob Movie, because we wanted to watch something that wasn't considered "normal" for people our age to watch. I was silently walking down the hallways, but stopped when I heard voices from around the corner.

"I'd like to say I'm sorry and thank you," I heard Ronnie's voice.

"For what?" I heard Ashley ask him.

"I'd like to say I'm sorry for threatening you. Andy is like my little brother. I've known him for a very, very long time and I don't ever want the friendship we have to end. And I'd like to say thank you, because I heard about his self-harm and his suicide attempts. He told me when we were catching up with each other. And I mean... He's not so much of a mute anymore, not after he met you guys. He hasn't cut since... Over a month ago. Plus, did you see how hard he laughed during practice? I've never seen him genuinely happy for this long. And he talks about you... A lot. But when he talks about you, he gets this look on his face like the corners of his mouth are gonna rip, because of how large his smile is. He talks about like you're the only one in the world and when he looks at you, he looks at you like you're the only one in the room. Andy truly loves you and you've motivated him to save himself. Thank you."

I peeked around the corner and saw them hugging. I hid behind the wall again and went back to our room. I sat on our bed and bit my lip, trying to wipe the steadily growing smile on my face, and trying not to squeal with happiness.

Once I had my fangirling under control, I joined my friends and boyfriend to watch and possibly criticize the kiddy movies.

-&-
AGH
AGHH
AGHHH
AGHHHHH
THERE'S 2 CHAPTERS LEFT
2 CHAPTERS
I'M SORRY
UGH
THIS BOOK

I CAN'T EVEN