Sea of guilt

Addison went into the hospital room and sat on the chair which was near the bed
He asked  lily " How are you ? "
"I'm not okay ." She replied in a low and weak as he slowly raised is hand up to her and he was trying to be careful as he didn't want to scare her. When she leaned in for the touch, he softly caressed her cheek, making her close  her eyes when his warm hand touch his cheek.

"Do you want to eat something? ". He asked gingerly as she shook her head. He didn't want to force her but he had no choice. " I will be back in a minute alright " He straightened  himself up and was about to leave but she held his wrist, making him stop in his tracks, he turned around only to gaze her teary eyes while shooking her head she said " Please don't go. "

Never in his life Addison felt this weak and vulnerable. He was a cold mafia  who  didn't care about anyone and was drowning in the sea of guilt for not being able to save and protect his wife.

(Time skipped)

The doctor who treated lily had injected some medicine in her, that made her fall into deep slumber and she wake up in the evening. Addison gave her some loose clothes and asked her to change as she was discharged

With a little difficulty she had changed into loose clothes that was better than hospital clothes. She was sitting with a blank expression. She refused to eat but
somehow Addison convinced her to eat the vegetable soup. It made you feel a little bit.

There was a knock at a door Addison entered the room , smiling softly at her she looked at him and he said " let's go home ".she nodded in response.
Addison picked her in a bridal style as due to leg injury the doctor has asked her not to walk and start going toward the car and all the people were  eying them in adore.

At mansion

As they reach home. Addison shiftly picked lily up and head inside and he started taking her towards their room

He carefully placed her on the bed and
tried to cover her up with a duvet but before he could do that, she pulled her leg up to her chest and quickly wrapped her hands, the memories of the guys who  kidnapped her, started playing in front of her and started making her vision blurr and she started breathing heavily.

" Lily ? What's wrong dove? Look your addi is here with you li- " They kidnapped me- he s-shot me -they r-rap. She cut his words, trying to speak , trying to tell her what's going in her mind but she was shuttering too much

He sat near her and he tenderly wrapped his arms around her pulled her in his lap. She quickly snuggled in his warm embrace .

He kept his head on shoulder , tear started streaming down his face. And he started whispering " I'm  s -sorry, I ' m sorry.  listening his teary voice lily turned her head towards him and asked him " Hey look at me Addi why are saying sorry to me ". He replied "  For not being a able to protect, I failed in the dutiy of protecting you. "
After listening to this she started shook  her head and said " shhh stop crying Addi I'm here with you save and sounding.

He slowly laid down on the bed with lily still in his embrace and her head was on her head slowly  sleep toke over on both of them.

To be  Continued.............
I hope you guys like this chapter..