Chapter 11

l opened the front door , mom . "Mom? How are you here?" I said while she entered , I closed the door . "Yeah , Jasmine is alright . But she does need to have surgery" mom said while opening her shoes and putting them in the rack . "Why did you come? You could have stayed there" Mom shook her head while walking towards the kitchen "It's okay , I had to come here for my work . I can't take leave for so many days" mom sat down on the counter and took her stuff out from her bag .

~ 10 Minutes Time Skip~

After l finished making two cups of coffee , I went towards the cabinet where the cookies were kept , the cookies I made . Mom sat down after she kept her bags and suitcases in the living room "Two cups of coffee? You're so thoughtful sweety" mom said while smiling .

Thoughtful? "I didn't understand mom..." I said while holding the two cups in my hand , mom looked at me and asked "Didn't you make that for me?" I look at the cups and then at her "Oh , mom , I didn't make them for you" I said .

Sebastian came down , I shifted my gaze at him .

"Oh" Sebastian said , looking at me and mom . Mom gasped while turning around "Oh , so the cup of coffee was for him.. well.. care to introduce?" mom said while looking at Sebastian then at me and smiling .

Oh god , why is mom smiling like that.. she must be thinking something else . I look at mom then at Sebastian "Oh , yeah right uh Sebastian meet my mom Scarlett Scruce" I paused and then I looked at mom "Mom ; Meet Sebastian , he's new and we are partners in a project so , we are working on that" I smiled .

"Oh , okay , well keep up the good work and don't worry sweety , I'll make my coffee myself" mom said while going towards the coffee machine . I nodded and then went to my room with Sebastian .

"Here's your coffee , hope you like it" I paused while handing him the cup "And , here , two cookies to have with it" I finished while handing him the cookies .

Sebastian's POV

I take the coffee and the cookies . The coffee smells good , she made it herself so let's see how it tastes . I take a sip of the coffee . 0h wow . I smiled and looked at her "The coffee's good , its not that strong too , even though I don't drink coffee that much , this one's good" I said and then took a bite of the cookie , shit . How is it so good , it's amazing . "How the hell is this cookie so good? Where did you get it from?" I asked .

"I'm glad you like it , and I didn't get it from anywhere , I made it myself" she said and chuckled . Well that wasn't what I expected.. I wish I could take some.. "Do you want more? I have many , I can give you some" she asked , I looked at her and smiled .

How? Did she just read my mind? How did she know that I wanted more... Sha can't read my mind ofcourse .

"If you can , then I would like more" I said and then smiled . "Sure , I'll give it to you before you leave" she said and then we both were talking and eating .

~5 Minutes Time Skip During Eating~

"What about your dad? Where is he?" l asked as I only knew her mom . Her face expression changed , a bit sad now . "It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it" I said . She looked at me and shaked her head "No , it's okay , I don't want him to be the reason for my sadness , my dad used to live with us but he left for work and didn't come back" she paused and sighed . I looked at her and said "I'm so sorry" . She looked at me "It's not what you think , he is alive , but not with us , I saw a picture of him with another girl in social media" she finished .

Oh "Does your mom know?" I asked in a concerned way , she looked at her cup and replied "No , she doesn't , I couldn't tell her but I know I have to sooner or later" . That's interesting ....

Someone knocks on the door , we both look at the door . "Come in" I shout . The door opens "Bevy!" someone shouts back while opening the door .

Next Chapter