Chapter 6

"Who is this?" Lyn asked, answering the phone. She took a look at the time and groaned, realising it was way past midnight.

The answer on the other side was muffled, so Lyn sat up and rubbed her eyes to be able to concentrate better.

"I didn't hear you."

"It's me!" A voice said, followed by a few other slurred words.
"Felix?"

"Yes that's me!" Felix giggled happily but the gasp that followed indicated that he must have almost tripped.

"Where are you? What's going on?" Lyn was now getting worried. Felix was clearly drunk and, by the sound of it, wandering alone through the city.

"I don't know!" Felix slurred and giggled again, "Can you come and get me?"

Lyn sighed but got out of bed to get dressed. "I'm on my way but I need to know where you are."

"You can track my phone", Felix whispered as if it was his biggest secret, "I shared my location with you before we left."

Lyn quickly opened the phone tracker app to see a red spot labelled as 'Felix'.
"You're not far from the hotel, I should be there in a few minutes. Just stay put."

"I will wait for you to save me!" Felix giggled and flopped down on the floor.

"Do not sit on the floor, Felix. Find a bench or something!"

"How did you know I sat on the floor?" Felix pouted but thinking about it caused him a headache.

"Where are the others?" Lyn asked while she grabbed her jacket and exited the room. The other side was silent for a few moments until Lyn reached the elevator. "I got lost. I saw a cat so I had to run after it!" Felix answered finally and Lyn could imagine the guilty smile on his face.
"They must be so worried! Why didn't you call them?" Lyn ruffled her hair in frustration while she stepped into the chilly night air.

"I wanted you!"
Lyn only sighed again, not really ready to put up with that side of Felix just yet. "I will call Chan and let him know you are alright."

"No! Don't hang up! It's scary alone in the dark" Felix muttered the last part, feeling ashamed.
"I promise I will call you right back as soon as I talked to Chan, okay?"

Felix wasn't really convinced but he trusted Lyn not to leave him hanging. When the call ended he clutched his phone close to his chest hoping it would ring again very soon.

On the other hand, Lyn had just dialled Chan's number and the latter picked up after a few rings.

"Thank god you're calling! We lost Felix, I don't know how it could have happened but we can't find him. We have been searching for almost half an hour now!"

"Calm down, Chan. Felix is alright, he called me. I'm on my way to get him right now. You go ahead to the hotel and we will meet you there,
okay?"

"He is okay guys! Lyn is picking him up!" Chan's voice sounded a bit further away before he directed it back to Lyn, "Thank you so much, I don't know what I would have done!"

"Don't worry Chan. It's literally my job. And Chan, it wasn't your fault. Felix told me he saw a cat and just had to run after it. He is a drunk idiot right now."

Chan didn't fully believe Lyn that it wasn't his fault but he decided against arguing and instead made sure he and the other members would get back to the hotel safely.

Lyn continued to look for Felix, following the location of his phone. He called him back just like she promised and after a relieved greeting from Felix, the line stayed mostly silent for the rest of her way.

Luckily, she quickly came to a park area and saw Felix lying on a bench, singing quietly to himself. "Felix!" She called out and hurried her steps until she was standing in front of Felix, hanging up the call at the same time.

The latter opened his eyes and saw the girl standing above him. Therefore, he tried to sit up but the drunkeness caused his head to spin so he fell sideways. Before he could hit the ground though, he felt Lyn's hands underneath his back and he was slowly let down onto the ground.

"What the hell are you doing?" Lyn scolded and pushed Felix into a sitting position but Felix had other ideas and slumped against Lyn's chest and hid his face in her neck. "You actually came!" He whispered and Lyn could feel his lips stretching into a smile.

"Of course! Why would I leave you alone, drunk, lost and in the middle of the night?"

"I thought you were mad at me" Felix mumbled and pushed himself away so he could look at Lyn. He still felt the alcohol but he had noticeably sobered up the past thirty minutes.

"I am mad at you. But that doesn't mean I will leave you alone. You forget that this is literally my job." Lyn answered and threaded her fingers through Felix's hair, knowing that it wasn't of any use yet to get him to stand up.

"So you only came to get me because it is your job?" Felix asked, the sadness in his voice clearly noticeable. "No, the fact that it is my job made it easier for me to find you. But I am not cruel enough to let anyone stay alone in a state like yours."

"So you would have done this for anyone?"

"Of course I would have. Felix, what do you want me to say? That I came because I care for you? Fine, it's not like you don't matter to me at all" Lyn knew that wasn't entirely what Felix wanted to hear but she was also still slightly mad at him because of what happened before.

Felix didn't say anything after that and finally let himself be pulled up. Lyn kept her arm around his waist though because the second she let go, Felix was already heavily leaning sideways. There was no way he would be able to walk a straight line on his own.

With a bit of difficulties the two started walking but they took almost double the time as Lyn on her way there. "I am still glad you came to get me" Felix admitted after a few minutes of silence. "Why didn't you call the guys? They were worried sick for you!" Lyn accused him and Felix knew he probably gave Chan a heart attack.

"I wanted you" He whispered shyly, a bit embarrassed, "I am sorry for what happened earlier. I wasn't thinking straight, or wait no... I just thought selfishly. I didn't think of the consequences and I am sorry for that. I understand if you don't want to be my bodyguard anymore."

"Don't be silly Felix, I am not gonna run to the manager because of this, requesting to change bodyguards. I just need you to respect the fact that I can only be your bodyguard from now on. There is no shame in acting friendly with one another but there are certain lines that we can't cross, I need you to understand that!"

Felix slightly nodded his head, he was disappointed but he knew that Lyn was right and that he had been acting really selfishly these past weeks.

Maybe he had to get himself under control from now on and instead work on moving on from those feelings he had developed for Lyn.

Maybe they weren't meant to be after all.

----------------------------
~the easter break is over tomorrow and how many chapters have I pre-written?: zero, none (what a productive holiday)

~until next chapter
~~June