CHAPTER-2

After reaching university, I saw a girl coming toward me and hug me tightly. "Assalam-O-Alaikum!" She exclaimed with excitement.

"Walaikum Asalam!" I hugged her back.

"I was waiting for you for so long. Why you came so late today?" She asked me while moving back.

"Actually, Haris and Aliza had a fight this morning, so that's why we were late today." I said.

"Again." She said being irritated.

"Yes." I chuckled and we start laughing.

We started talking randomly while walking toward our class.

"Oh. By the way are you done with your sketches that you were making?" She asked.

"Almost, I hope I will done it today. If we have any free lecture then I will complete it in that time for sure." I said.

"Ok, I am so excited to saw your new masterpiece." She said being excited.

I chuckled after hearing her. We were taking slow steps toward our class and talking to each other that suddenly four students blocked our way and we know who they are.

"Maria, Last time you said the same thing that it will be a masterpiece but when everyone saw it, it was totally a.... disaster." One of a girl said with a smirk while others three laugh.

She is Maria, Zara's best friend and constant source of support. Maria always stood by Zara's side, encouraging her in her passion for art and design. Her belief in Zara's talent give her strength. With a fierce determination and a heart full of kindness, Maria was not just a friend, but a pillar of strength in Zara's life, ready to face any obstacle alongside her. Together, they were a amazing duo, ready to conquer any challenge that came in their way.

"Yeah, I know it and we also know who was behind this all." She said with the same tone.

"Maria, leave them." I whispered to her.

"If you know all this then be careful this time too." She said glaring at us and all of them leave.

"I don't know why they are jealous of you." She said being irritated.

I just hummed because I don't want to talk about them and we left to our class.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

"Sir, we find his location." The person said that after entering the cabin.

I got up from my chair and move toward Sahil.

"Give me and you can leave." Sahil said, taking ipad from him and that person leave.

"Tell me his location fast." I said to him.

Sahil was looking at ipad that suddenly his expression changed into worry and shock. I was waiting for his reply.

"Tell me. Why are you not saying anything?" I asked with a bit raised voice.

"Aaaa...... Ayaan.....it is....." He said while glancing at ipad and then at me.

"Will you say it or not?" I asked with anger.

"Ayaan he is in ....... LAHORE ." he said.

I got shocked and turned pale at Sahil's words, Lahore. The city evoked memories I wished to erase—where I had abandoned her, the woman I  refused to acknowledge as my wife, soon after our wedding.

I couldn't bring myself to face her because I  deeply despised her, unable to accept her presence in my life.The mere thought of encountering her filled me with disgust.