A Death in the Family

Angel was on her way out the door when she heard voices coming from Castle's study

Castle: The case has been cold ten years. I just figured, since you're the best forensic pathologist in the city, maybe you could catch something they missed.

Murray: You know reality isn't fiction, right? The odds of finding anyone's killer after ten years...

Castle: Astronomical. I know. But I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look. Oh, and there's another case I'd like to look at. (He pulls out a file and hands it over) Liam Bennett.

Murray: Well, I'll do what I can. Just don't go making any promises I can't keep.

Castle: Course not.

He left just as Angel walked in.

Angel: What was he doing here? Seemed pretty secret what you guys were talking about.

Castle: Just a little consulting.

Angel: Oh, really? Because it sounded like you were looking into Beckett's mom's murder.

Castle: Must you always eavesdrop.

Angel: I wasn't eavesdropping. I was on my way to work and I happened to hear a bit of your conversation. I love her too, you know.

Castle: Yes, Annie, I'm aware. You remind me daily.

Angel: So, does Katie know you're poking around in her mom's case?

Castle: What's the sense of telling her until I find something new?

Angel: Well, did you ever think you're invading her privacy?

Castle: I'm not poking through her underwear drawer. I'm investigating her mother's murder.

Angel: Cas, you're digging up her past. Without her permission. Either tell her or leave it alone.

Alexis bursts in with a massive smile on her face.

Alexis: Oh my gosh, Dad! Dad, Dad, Dad!

Castle: What is it?

Alexis: Dad, he asked me! Dad, he asked me!

Castle: Who asked you?

Alexis: Owen! But I told him I had to ask you, but you'll say yes, right? Cause I told him you'd say yes. So say yes.

Castle: Yes?

Alexis: Yes!

Alexis and Angel hug, jumping up and down and squealing.

Angel: Oh, yes!

Castle: What am I saying yes to?

Alexis: The junior-senior prom.

Castle: Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa. You are not a junior, nor a senior.

Alexis: True. But Owen's a junior.