Chapter 6

Summary: First Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin. A student is petrified. Carina receives a letter from Narcissa. The Duelling Club takes place.

Today is Gryffindor's first game against Slytherin. At the same time as I'm rooting for my house to win, I want my brother to have a good game in his first time on the pitch as a Slytherin seeker. In the morning at breakfast, before heading to the Gryffindor table, I stop by the Slytherin table, noticing a few glances at me, a Gryffindor student, approaching the Slytherins.

I greet Emma, the other first year Slytherin girls, and Theo, before turning to Draco. I nudge his shoulder to get his attention, and then he turns to me.

"Good luck today, Draco." I say sincerely.

He gets up and hugs me, something that is rare between the two of us, especially in public. 

"Thanks, sis." he says, and then gives a mischievous smile. "But I won't need it."

I roll my eyes. I hear Pansy giggle at what Draco has just said. 

It was an... interesting game. Slytherin started off winning, Harry was chased by a bludger and had his arm broken by one as soon as he captured the Golden Snitch. 

The next morning, Professor McGonagall gathers the Gryffindor students in the common room to make an announcement. She doesn't look happy at all, on the contrary, she looks very worried.

"I wouldn't want to wake you all up with the news I've come to tell you..." she starts to say. "But a Gryffindor student was found last night, petrified."

Many students gasp with shock. I wonder who it was. As soon as the commotion in the common room subsides, the teacher speaks again.

"It was Colin Creevey, a first year student." she says.

Colin... Colin is a muggleborn. Prof Binns was completely wrong about the chamber being just a legend. I look around, but strangely I can't find Ron or Hermione.

Since then, the first-year students have always walked in groups, fearful of another attack.

December arrives and with it Christmas is getting closer and closer. I receive a letter from Mum.

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒂,

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓. 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆.

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂.

I sigh as I read the letter. I'm homesick, I miss Mum. I want to go home for Christmas, and I bet Draco does too. But I know that if Mum thinks we should spend Christmas at Hogwarts, she must have a good reason for it. At least Draco, Stella and I will be at school together.

"What's wrong?" asks Ginny, who is sitting next to me.

"Apparently I'm going to spend Christmas here." I reply.