Chapter 4

*For those who haven't seen it: I'm writing two fanfics together, in the same universe. The Slytherin Potter fanfic takes place at the same time as this one, in case you want to read it too.

Summary: The Chamber of Secrets is opened. Slytherins and Gryffindors gather. Draco calls Carina for a chat after not speaking to her for some time.

The students are all in the Great Hall having dinner, well, almost all of them, since I strangely realise that Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny aren't here. I have dinner with my other roommates, and then when dinner is over I leave with the other Gryffindors in the direction of the common room, when we find the corridor floor wet and a commotion in front of us.

Then I see a cat hanging on the wall, it's Mrs Norris, Filch's cat. Next to her is something written in what looks like blood... A voice that I recognise very well draws my attention to the students.

"Enemies of the heir, beware! You'll be next, Mud..." Draco starts to say, but when his gaze meets mine, he immediately falls silent. 

Curiously, I don't receive any letters or even visits from my father about the fact that I punched Draco. Not even Mum says anything about it in her letters. I wonder if my brother might not have told them anything about what I did...

"What's going on here? What's going on?" we hear someone say, approaching us. 

Then I see Filch. He gets close and when he sees Mrs Norris, he puts his hands to his face in horror.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs Norris?" he screams.

He turns to Harry, who was already here with Hermione and Ron when the rest of the students arrived.

"You!" he shouts. "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll..."

"Argus!" we all turn towards the voice of Dumbledore, who walks past the golden trio and approaches the scene, followed by some teachers.

"Come with me, Argus," says Dumbledore. "You too, Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, Miss Granger."

Professor Lockhart steps forward. 

"My office is nearest, Headmaster, just upstairs, please feel free..."

"Thank you, Gilderoy," says Dumbledore.

The other students and I move aside to let them pass.

"There's nothing for us to do here. Students, everyone back to your respective common rooms." I hear Percy Weasley's voice.

Draco gives me one last look, as if he finally wants to talk to me, before turning round and following the Slytherin prefects. 

When we arrive at our dormitory, I notice Ginny, who wasn't with us, already sitting on her bed, looking paler than usual.

 We each sit on our bed, facing each other so we can talk.

"Ginny, are you all right?" Amber asks before me.

"Yeah, you look pale..." I say.

Ginny, who seemed to be almost in a trance until now, as if her gaze was lost in thought, seems to be pulled back to reality and focuses her gaze on us.

"Ah, yes..." she says, her voice weaker than usual. "I think I've got the flu, you know, a lot of people have been a bit ill lately..."

"Where were you?" Lydia asks. "I mean, you didn't go to dinner..."

"I was in the Hospital Wing." she replies quickly. "Then I came straight here."

The four of us fall silent and then disperse. I go down to the bathroom in the common room to shower before putting on my pyjamas and going to bed.