Chapter 13

Summary: Carina visits Draco in the Hospital Wing. She receives a letter from Narcissa. Sirius Black invades Hogwarts.

My dumb brother managed to hurt himself on the first day of school trying to touch Hagrid's hippogriff in the Care of Magical Creatures class, so Stella and I go to the Hospital Wing to visit him before dinner. I have to stop myself from retching and vomiting at the scene I see when I get there. Pansy feeding my brother as if he were a baby, while he moans in pain. You'd think Madam Pomfrey couldn't have enchanted a spoon to do that... Stella, who is next to me, laughs at the scene.

"I thought I was going to come here and see you without an arm, how dramatic you are." I say to warn Draco and Pansy that they're not alone.

"For your information, blood traitor, your brother was very brave to try to caress that giant chicken." says Pansy, with a tone of superiority. "What are you two disgraces to the Sacred Twenty-Eight doing here? Have you come to bother Draco?"

I can see Draco's discomfort at Pansy's words. I know that deep down my brother doesn't believe what she's saying, well, Stella and I might even be blood traitors according to what the supremacists of the wizarding world believe, we might even be considered disgraces by the Sacred Twenty-Eight, but I know that Draco deep down is annoyed by her words, it's a shame that my brother is too coward to retort to her. 

"Well, I'm still a Malfoy, aren't I?" I say, approaching the two of them. "Which means that, like it or not, I'm still his sister. And you?" I say, looking her up and down. "You're pathetic, trying your best to suck up to my brother because of that ridiculous crush of yours." she turns visibly red. "At least I don't need to throw myself at anyone to feel that I have value, to gain the approval of my parents."

She recovers from what I say before she says, "Well, it doesn't matter what you do, does it? Now that you're a blood traitor you'll never win your parents' approval anyway." she flashes a cynical smile, as if she had won the argument.

"You motherf..." Stella takes a step forwards, holding out her wand. The soup Pansy was feeding Draco flies straight into her face.

Stella and I burst into laughter at the sight of Pansy soaking wet. I can even see my brother holding back his laughter. Pansy is furious and takes a step forwards with her wand in hand, but Draco holds her arm with the hand that isn't bandaged. Pansy looks angrily at my brother. "You will let them get away with this?! Look what they did to me!"

"Come on, Pansy... You started it." says Draco. 

Pansy leaves with heavy steps and mutters I don't know how many different swear words at me and Stella. As soon as she leaves and the door to the Hospital Wing closes, I look at Stella with a smile. "Well done."

Draco sighs and leans back against the pillows, looking exhausted. I sit on the edge of the bed where my brother is lying. "Have our parents come to visit their little boy on his deathbed?" I ask.

Stella giggles and sits down in the armchair that Pansy was sitting in a few minutes ago.

Draco rolls his eyes. "It hurts, okay? It was a deep cut, according to Madam Pomfrey."

"Please, Draco, it's not like she didn't give you some kind of pain potion... Stop being such a drama queen." says Stella.

Draco decides to ignore her. "Father and Mum came earlier to see how I'm doing. Father is furious."

Stella and I spend a few more minutes with my brother before we leave and walk to the Great Hall for dinner. We meet up with Ginny and then we both walk over to the Gryffindor table, where I see Emma getting up. I give her a smile and she smiles back. Ginny and I then sit down, joining the others.