Chapter 15

Summary: Carina receives an anonymous letter. Near Christmas, Stella and Carina spend Saturday afternoon in the Hufflepuff common room.

At Sunday breakfast (the day after the match), when everyone is getting their mail in the Great Hall, an owl I don't recognise flies over the Gryffindor table and drops a letter in front of me. I pick up the letter and first try to see who it's from, but strangely there's no name on it.

"I wonder who sent it." I whisper. 

Other Gryffindor students sitting near me realise the confused look on my face and that the letter is anonymous. I turn the letter to the side where I can open it. 

"If I were you, I wouldn't open it. You don't even know who sent it!" says Hermione. "What if it's a prank?"

I raise my head, looking in her direction. On one hand, Hermione is right.

"Come on, Hermione..." says Ron beside her. He looks at me. "You won't know what it is unless you open it, will you?"

He's right too. The people around us are looking at me, all curious, waiting for me to open the anonymous letter. 

"I bet it's some secret admirer..." says Lydia, giggling. 

I take a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for whatever the letter contains, for seconds thinking of the infinite possibilities: a dungbomb, an explosive letter, a threat from Sirius Black to his only Gryffindor relative besides himself, a letter from my Aunt Bella who's in Azkaban threatening to kill me when she gets out... 

"Open it!" George says. 

And then I open it. As soon as the letter is opened, a little music starts playing and a voice starts singing:

Carina, oh Carina, what happened to your team?
You said they'd win, you said they'd rule, but now it's just a dream.
You told me that they'd soar, but they barely left the ground,
Now the Gryffindor's defeated, no victory to be found.

Where's the pride, where's the fight?
Gryffindor lost tonight.
Carina, oh Carina,
Gryffindor's out of sight!

Your chasers couldn't catch, your beaters missed their mark,
Your seeker flew in circles, they couldn't find a spark.
Your keeper let 'em in, they scored goal after goal,
Now your Gryffindor spirit's got a giant, gaping hole.

Where's the pride, where's the fight?
Gryffindor lost tonight.
Carina, oh Carina,
Gryffindor's out of sight!

You said you'd see them win, you said that they were strong,
But now you sit in silence, guess you got it wrong.
Your lions have no roar, they've fallen with a thud,
And Draco's here to tell you, you've been dragged through the mud!

Where's the pride, where's the fight?
Gryffindor lost tonight.
Carina, oh Carina,

Gryffindor's out of sight! 

I think the entire Great Hall can hear the music. I roll my eyes at the song. Ginny nudges my arm, then points to the Slytherin table, where I see my brother and some of his friends laughing. As soon as Draco meets my gaze, he gives a mischievous smirk.

"I think we've discovered your 'secret admirer'..." says Amber. 

I'd expected my brother to pick on me because of Gryffindor's defeat by Hufflepuff in the last match, but I didn't think Draco would be so idle as to make a magical musical card and write a song... I won't deny it, he deserves points for his creativity. 

The next Quidditch match of the year has most of Gryffindors rooting for Ravenclaw (the match is between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff), since in order to have a better chance of winning the cup, Hufflepuff needs to lose this match. The mood of us Gryffindors improves a little with Ravenclaw's victory.