V. Confusion

v.  confusion

I HESITATE to take the next step. Should I really go there and face him? I mean, it's not like he knew the reason but... still, it was still embarrassing for me. 

I turn to door, wondering whether I should just listen to mum and just improve my maths, for the upcoming exams.

But I also want to just let it go and take a walk. I'm going to face that guy later anyways. Actually, I don't have to face him, but I don't think I can live through that choice either. So, I take the stairs and reach the terrace, clutching my phone. 

I look around at the vital apartments and when I find no threat, I look back directly at the black silhouette moving afar off. I smile to myself and put on my earphones. I hum and skip to walk around the terrace, the sound of my shoes dragging through. 

Each and every turn I make, I make sure that I see him in every angle possible. Right, I maybe delusional...

"But, he is just so handsome and charming!" I sigh out, dreamily. 

"How do you even know he is handsome?" My brother asks as he comes near me. He looks at the terrace guy and looks at me after.

"Well, he managed to get a girlfriend at his school days when you couldn't even get one, so..." 

I feel a hand creep up to my neck and before I can escape, my brother hangs his arm over my shoulder and pulls me towards him aggressively. I can't stop my laughs and I'm sure the whole neighborhood can hear it. We sway here and there and I'm sure I've stepped on his feet multiple times already.

"Stop! Oh my gosh, what if someone sees us?" 

"The whole neighborhood knows we are siblings. Besides," he stops and bends down to look at me. "I'm pretty sure everyone knows that you can't get a boyfriend." 

I punch his stomach and he fakes injury by mock exclamations. His smile is wide and I'm sure mine's too. Soon, we are back to pulling each other's necks and hair. Perhaps hearing about my brother worrying about how I'm going to make him bald by 30, is going to be my new favorite meditation starting from today. 

But my brother pauses and looks ahead of him. I, too, follow his gaze, and gasp. The guy is directly looking at us. I know it is only 7:10 pm right now. There is no way he took his break early. So then why is he looking at us like this then? How come he noticed me?

"I think we were too loud." I try to reason.

"Are you insane? How could he listen to us from there?"

"I don't know! What am I-" 

Before I can say anything, the guy leaves the place and exits through his door. My heart drops and I feel like I've did something wrong but I can't place where I did. 

"Wow, you really scared him away." My brother jokes before he gets hit by me. 

"It is your  fault." I point my finger at him. He laughs and walks towards the stairs while crossing his hands behind his head. 

"Looks like your lover boy isn't going to come again, anytime soon. Wanna come?" 

"No," I reply. "I just... maybe he took a break early. I'll wait for him."

"Sure, whatever. Dinner is chappathi. With your favorite kuruma." He says and he leaves. But all I can see is the empty terrace ahead of me. 

It's fine. I tell myself. I will wait for him.

"Stupid brother. Always got to clean up his mess." I sigh.