𝐕

Antoinette

In the bathroom, I cooled down.

 I turned on my favorite playlist and started to curl my brown hair, putting on bold nighttime makeup with eyeliner and red lipstick, while dancing like the little girl I used to be. Those sweet, carefree times! Finally, I sprayed some perfume and went to get dressed. Nothing special, just a tank top and jeans. 

As I contentedly looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes caught sight of the ribs visible through my tank top. No matter how much I ate or exercised, I still looked like a skeleton - with minimal body fat (and it bothered me a lot). Before more unpleasant insecure thoughts could take hold of me, I covered my ribs and shoulders with a shirt. I must have looked ridiculous, but I didn't care about others' opinions. As my mére used to say, what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over.

Half an hour later, my phone rang. It was Carlos; he was supposed to pick me up in front of the hotel. I quickly grabbed my purse and rushed out of the room into the hallway. I cursed silently in the elevator as it moved too slowly. I should have taken the stairs! I almost flew past the reception desk towards the hotel entrance because I didn't want to keep anyone waiting for me - I always felt bad about that.

The Spaniard arrived for me in the newest Mercedes. "Get in, sunny princess," he said.

I laughed. "Why do you call me that? And since when does a Ferrari driver chauffeur a Mercedes? Isn't that supporting the competition?"

"Because you always smile so beautifully - like sunshine. And this car is rented; my amor rojo stayed at home," he said, opening the door for me.

I sat down in the seat next to the driver. Suddenly, someone shoved me from behind, and I got startled. "Hi, I'm Lando," I heard near my ear.

I turned around and saw a young guy with dark curls and a beautiful smile. "You must be the famous Nettie," he said.

I breathed out. "Lando, next time don't give me a heart attack, and maybe I'll be pleased to meet you too," I replied.

He smirked and said to Carlos, "I like her." Then he turned to me. "How old are you, sweetheart?"

"Eighteen..."

Carlos quickly interjected into our conversation: "Lando, once again, she's Perceval's fiancée, so stop hitting on her and find someone else, preferably single!"

"I'm not hitting on her, just getting acquainted! If you're curious, I'm twenty-four. That wouldn't be such a big age gap," he winked at me.

"No, thank you very much..."

Oh, this evening is just getting started! Carlos started the car and raced towards the city center, where he supposedly found some good bar.

Charles

After two hours, I returned to the hotel, which I spent wandering around and observing the night sky. 

I swiped my card on the door sensor and entered the room. I looked around - it was empty everywhere. Antoinette must have left already, but let her go! She made me angry. I collapsed onto the bed and closed my eyes. I had qualifications the next day, and I needed to sleep properly.

 As much as I wanted to rest, sleep wouldn't come. I kept tossing and turning, hoping to find a comfortable position. Hopelessly. After moments of futile attempts to sleep, I unlocked the screen on my phone and dialed Alexandra's number.

"Hey, sorry for the earlier. I ended up staying at the hotel," I said as soon as she picked up the call.

"Okay," I heard her answer.