hugs and care

•°•
with great anticipation and tingling fear, the day that everyone waited for, came. we now see a tensed ishan standing in front of his mirror. he took a deep breath, his tiredness still evident or was it the fear of messing everything up? he was unsure so he let it be. with the dab of his concealer, the dark circles became less visible. and so he made his way to the most awaited camp, the ICT camp where the team was currently staying for their pre-match practice sessions.

ishan's pov

"woah! this place is huge!"
my mouth wide agape by looking at the fanciest camp i've ever seen. "the ambani's leave no facilities out" i thought to myself.

smiling to myself, i made my way to where my crew was. rishikesh, the cameraman and anand, the soundman.
my smile grew wider when i saw another familiar face.

"ananya!"

i run towards her. she was on a call when i got near her. she hurriedly cut the call and greeted me,

"good morning ishan."

"good morning. but what are you doing here?" i asked slightly confused.

"what? can't your friend come here to cheer you for your first venture? hmm?"
she teasingly said.

shaking my head in a no, i said

"areyy i didn't mean it like that! and thank you so much for dropping by."

"ofccc! noww, shall we begin?"
she exclaimed by joining her hands together for a clap.

i smiled and nodded my head in a yes.
i took my script before giving it a last minute look.

"soo, let's start with the captain, shall we?"

"sure."

with this, we made our way to the area where the players were practicing. i went to greet them all and gave them the instructions and questions beforehand. they just have to behave as themselves. that's the motto. the more authentic, the more better!

"lights, camera and action!"

i began.

"heyyy everyone! i am your host ishan kishan and you're watching smiles and sixes ft-"

and according to the script, one of the player shot a ball my way and i catch it.

"phew, that was a close call. ft- ICT abhii tak toh pataa chal hi gayaa hoga. anyways, i'mma make a quick exit from here since yk i would like to keep my head intact in a place."

doing a goffy run, i exit the scene.

"hey, that was fun!"

"hehe, was it? thankss yar!"

"now that we're done with the intro, let's go meet the captain!"

and we made our way.

"hi rohit sir. ready for the shoot?"

"hi ishan. areyy yar kya ye acting wacting kara rahe he ye log mujhse. mujhe nehii aati yesab."

chuckling, i said,

"sir, it's nothing like that. you just have to stay the way you are. we're not gonna make you do an action scene don't worry. aapko mein ese hi kuch questions about cricket, life ese puchunga aur aapko ekdam unfiltered answers dene he. jese aap hamesha detee ho interviews mein."

"par, he won't mind doing an action scene. mumbai ka hero alla re alla" someone sang in a comedic way.

i turned my head to see virat bhai heading our way.