Flashback 2 - I heard the crack in my heart

*5 months after flashback 1*

Ava Queens Nash
Age seven

I shouldn't be doing this. This is wrong. Wrong on so many levels. So so wrong.

But children are allowed to do wrongs, right? I mean if we don't make mistakes then who will? Only this is not a mistake. Mistake is something we do when we don't know what we are doing is wrong.

But when we do know what we are doing is wrong then thats not a mistake, thats a... sin? But who cares? My sins are not hurting anyone right? Mum said as long as our actions don't hurt others we are allowed to do anything. Only she never really elaborated where the limit of that "anything" stops.

Brushing away my stupid thoughts i walked up the stairs.

Oh god

Oh god

Oh god.

I am here because of him

All because of his

Infact everything that i do these days is all related to him.

We are at the King residence. More specifically at Aiden King's residence.

I wonder how i reached here when i should be in the garden playing with the rest of my friends.?

And then i recall what actually happened.

Just 15 minutes ago i was outside in the garden with Glyn, Cecy, Bran, Lan and Remi

Papa is trying to catch an elusive Arielle, my younger sister who is 3 and the youngest of all of us. Uncle Levi was shouting at Lan beacuse he tripped Bran and called him a weakling, while Uncle Aiden was defending him.

My mum along with aunt Teal, Kimberly, Astrid and Elsa are sitting around the garden table enjoying and chatting amongst each other.

We are here because Aunt Elsa keeps inviting us every now and then. She is big on friendships and gatherings. She loves maintaining relationships.

We all have known each other ever since we are born. Real. Our parents have been friends or more like bestfriends since they were in school, and so we've kept the legacy going. When you're children of parents who hold the reputation of gods, you learn to stick together. To somehow keep up with the pressure of having such parents. It's part of the reason why we're all naturally close.

I roamed my eyes everywhere to see everyone around doing something or other. Well except for him.

He is nowhere to be found.

"Lan is nowhere to be found. He said we will play tug-of-war" Cecy frowned. She is only 11 and basically acts like the mom of our group. She is always looking for reasons to be around Landon.

But wasn't he right here getting scolded from uncle Levi, when i looked at the direction they were previously at, they weren't there now.

"I saw him getting scolded by papa because he tripped Bran. Now he is most probably with Eli, causing trouble or anything related to that." Glyndon who is 10 and yet an inch shorter than me- or maybe i am a bit taller for my age-looked at my direction.