Flashback 3 - Its a Deal

A/n: So many views on my story and yet so little likes and comments? Atleast have some shame. If you are not liking it don't read or view it either. And i am saying this in the most disrespectful way possible.

Ava Queens Nash
Age 17 and a half

Since the beginning of mankind, there has been a line in the world that we live in.

It's invisible, this line. It's also paper thin and razor-sharp.

But it's there. Always.

For about 17 years I've lived on one side of it.

On the south side. It's the side with good, honest and hardworking people. Its the side where they are never expected to do anything bad. Ever.

The north side is that of the bad, influential and powerful people. It's the side where they are always expected to do bad.

It's the side I absolutely hate for a variety of reasons. But I'm not getting into that right now. Or ever in that matter.

But i would like to add one more- the middle side. On this side there are people who are actually bad, like really very bad. But they pretend to be good. They have a facade sooo good that even if they themselves confessed that they committed a crime, people will still refuse to believe them and say "oh they would never do anything like that"

For the past 17 years I've been living on the topmost corner of the south side. Not by choice, mind you. But by circumstance.

A smile crept on my face as i realized not anymore.

Now that I'm so close to my destination, I can't wait. I literally can't wait.

My feet are faster and my breaths are coming out in pants. I'm swimming in adrenaline. I feel alive. Like I have more than one life in me. More than one heart and two sets of lungs.

Calm down, Ava. The devil on my left shoulder whispered.

Finally, finally, after all the traveling and hacking and googling, I found them. The people I was looking for.

"Okay." I puff out a breath and glance from side to side. "I am soo gonna prove you wrong, you fucker."

Okay, so yeah, this might be a little against the law. Like, maybe ten percent against it.

Ten percent? You sure, Ava? More like 100% against the law.

Okay shut up shut up. I can't slip up now and have someone bust me-including the devil on my left shoulder. Not when i am so close to my goal.

Biting my lip, I typed the message in my phone,

I am here.

and clicked sent.

My heartbeat that I heard as I clicked sent is loud. Or maybe it sounds that way to me and I swallow, freezing in my spot.

God, please. I'm so close. I need to do this. This needs to happen. This is my only chance.

Glancing up and down the darkened hallway once again, I count the seconds but no one comes. The mansion that i am standing in front of is still asleep and quiet, much like the night outside.

There isn't any indication of movements from the inside either.

"Ava Queens Nash"

I heard that deep threatening voice from somewhere behind me.