10 Sweet

A song to listen to:
Gone With The Sin by HIM

❀❀❀❀❀

Vivienne

He was there waiting for me every morning as we slowly got a routine. We lived in our reality from the end of my shift to the time I finished my breakfast at his place and left. Sometimes he simply drove me to the apartment so I could get some sleep and he could go to do his job, whatever it was. We did not discuss that. He came back around noon with a fresh breakfast or he made me something. Then there were the mornings he stayed. I slept in his arms while he snored lightly in my ear. I hadn't realised how touch deprived I was. He made me feel safe. Some mornings he did ask me out on a date again, but I said no every time. I was afraid to break the bubble we had created, because I did not know what was on the other side. Or well there was one person to disturb our bubble.

"Morning, Remiel", I said when I noticed him entering the kitchen while I was eating simple toasted bread and apple slices for breakfast. Zero was busy that morning, not able to return for noon.

"Hey, I told you my whole name so we would feel closer to each other, not that you could make more distance between us", he groaned before going for the fridge and rummaging through it. "Where is your boyfriend?"

"Don't know and he is not my boyfriend."

"Sorry, your fuckbuddy", Remi corrected and sat down next to me with a plate of dark chocolate cupcakes, which I had actually made earlier in the week and brought here. As Zero was always making me food I tried to bake. I was not the best, but enough sugar and chocolate could save many things. They were good in my opinion and Zero ate one without complaining so it was a win. I had to find recipes for some hazelnut treats next.

"I am not fucking your brother", I sighed. After a week of sleeping at Zero's apartment, Rem had returned and almost dropped his eyes to the floor when he saw me sitting on the bar stool. He was ready to give us million question but Zero told him to shut up and fuck off, which Remi did. He didn't ask anything for the whole month, just gave me smirks when he was at the apartment. The only longer discussion between us happened when he asked if Zero already called me Viv as in their family everyone got nicknames, which led to the reveal of his full name. Also it led to Zero almost stabbing his brother as Rem hinted that Zero's birth name was a unique one. I decided it was better to not dig on that subject more for now.

"Well, if you are not fucking, I think it makes sense you can sleep in his bed."

"Why so?"

"Because Zero doesn't fuck in his own bed. Like I'm lucky that the last person I fucked here was not spotted by Zero. The guy managed to slip off just before my dear brother came back", he explained and stuffed another cupcake into his mouth. The chocolate got all over his lips.

"And why is that?"

"His personal preference I guess. And well, he has ordered us to not bring extra people to our houses, they are security threats. Like you right now", Rem murmured with mouth full and when he had swallowed it all, he gave me his grin. I rolled my eyes to him and I returned to scroll through my phone to have new sewing inspiration. Who Zero fucked and where was not my problem, because there wasn't anything between us. Sure, Viv, sure.

Fortunately a notification binged on my phone to distract the thoughts. I clicked a new email open and then jumped up from the barstool with a happy scream. Remi was filling his face with a third cupcake and half of it dropped on the marble counter as a shock took over his feature.

"Why are you screaming?"

"I got inside the school, look!" I almost yelled out loud again and showed him the acceptance letter of the sewing school I got into. Pure happiness was an emotion I was getting used to again. It flowed from my heart to my fingers and toes, making me jittery. I had tried to figure out what I truly wanted in life for too long and still sometimes I was second guessing. Hoping for bigger things and being disappointed after all could be too crushing.