Chapter 27

Chapter 27: The Tournament Starts Now!

The dueling field and audience are bursting with energy! Everyone in the audience was clapping to the 8 dueling critters that will be competing to become the best around and also fulfill their purposes in life!

“Yeah!” One audience member shouted, “Been waiting my life to watch duels in a tournament!”

“Me too!” Another shouted, “Been saving my savings to get myself a ticket to watch these duels in person!”

RatedRat was seen holding a microphone as she boots it up.

“Hello, testing, yes, is this thing on?” She said through the microphone, “Ok, this is working!”

RatedRat raised one of her arms out.

“Welcome everyone to the 10th Annual 8-Critter Duel Monsters Tournament!” She shouted, “As your announcer, I am popular online streamer, RatedRat!”

Everyone clapped and cheered.

“Now, let's take a look at the contestants out in front of me!” RatedRat said,

CatNap, DogDay, Bobby BearHug, Bubba Bubbaphant, Hoppy HopScotch, KickinChicken, DandyDragon and HoldenHowler were in the center of the tournament as they looked at RatedRat.

“Now, let's see who I should interview first…” RatedRat said,

RatedRat turned to DandyDragon first.

“Let's start with you!” She said as she turned nervous, “DandyDragon, yes? Uhhh, what are you here for in this tournament?”

“To see how far I can go.” DandyDragon replied, “That's it.”

“W-Wow… Simple, but effective.”

“Good, I'll take that.”

RatedRat gulped.

“Anyways, thanks for the response, DandyDragon!” She said, “We hope to see you do well!”

DandyDragon looked at RatedRat with a serious look. RatedRat quickly turned away to take deep breaths.

“Ok, moving on.” She said, “Who's next?”

RatedRat turned to Hoppy HopScotch, who was looking at her.

“Hoppy!” RatedRat said as she walked over to her with the microphone in her hand, “Tell me, what are you here for in this tournament?”

“...To make things right.” Hoppy said, “With not only myself, but for my close ones.”

“...Cool.”

RatedRat walked away. Hoppy chuckled.

“I still hate her.” She said to CatNap,

“I can see why.” CatNap said,

RatedRat turned to DogDay.

“Look at you, being all handsome!” She said,

DogDay blushed, embarrassed.

“I'm not interested in a sexual relationship with someone like you.” He said “Or one at all.”

“Come on, it's just a compliment!” RatedRat said,

“You're doing your job poorly.”

“...What is your biggest goal in this tournament?”