Chapter 1

Sitting in my room, a few minutes after midnight. I sat at my desk while talking to my best friend, Lily, I stared at my phone as I listened to her rant about the boys at school. The thunder struck loudly, a few minutes later I hung up the phone with Lily and crawled into bed as I yawned. I looked up at the ceiling and my eyes slowly start to close.

The next moring, i woke up ten minutes early than usual and got up to get ready for school. I ran down the stairs and saw my dad waiting at the door, "Good morning, Princesa" he spoke from the door. "Morning Papa" I ran into the kitchen to my mom as she handed me my breakfast in a brown paper bag,

"Tener un buen dia en la escuela, carino"("Have a good day at school, honey."). "Gracias, Mama" I kissed her cheek before running to the door and putting on my shoes, i took my bag as my dad opened the door and we walked out of the apartment, we got into my dad's SUV and drove to my school.

a few minutes later, i got out of the car and walked up the steps to my school. As i got to my locker, Lily was already waiting for me "Hey, Kay", "Hi,L" I smiled as i opened my locker and she continued to speak

"Did you see the new boy yet? He's so cute" i rolled my eyes "He probably looks like all the other boys in the school"

I got my bag and turned to face her, in the corner of my eye, i saw a boy walking around with a group of people following behind him. That must be the new boy, he's not that bad looking,

actually he was very attractive, he was mid brown skin, his hair looked perfect and fluffy and his body was...

I snapped out of my trance as i heard Lily squeal "That's him!" I felt a hand on my shoulder and i turned around to see the new kid.

As he spoke up, chills ran down my spine from his voice "Hey, i'm Miles. Nice to meet you." He smiled warmly at me. I looked up at him as I smiled back, "I'm Kayla. You're the new kid right?" He nodded and spoke again "Yeah, i was actually wondering if you could show me around because you're the only one that's not completely freaking out right now." Lily covered her face as she stayed quiet, i nodded "Okay, just give me a minute."

He nodded then walked across the hallway to wait as more kids surrounded him. Lily let out another high pitched squeal as she grabbed my shoulder and shook me "The hot new boy just asked you to show him around!"

I covered my ears "Calm down, you psycho" She continued to shake me until I pulled away from her.

"I'll see you in class" She made a heart sign before I walked back over to Miles. He smiled and held out a hand, "Are you ready?" I looked down at his hand before taking it and nodding "Do you normally hold a stranger's hand?"

He chuckled and I felt him give my hand a light squeeze "Nah, you just seem chill so I think I have nothing to worry about" Is it just me or is he being too friendly?

Thirty minutes later, we stopped at the fountain that was at the entrance of the school. I leaned on the edge of the fountain and looked over at Miles, "We should take a break, the bell is about to ring anyway." He nodded and pulled out his phone.

A few minutes later, i heard him talking with another student he suddenly spoke up "Mis padres y yo nos acabamos de mudar a un nuevo apartamento." (My parents and i just moved into a new apartment.)

my eyes widened as i heard him speak in Spanish, not only was he incredibly hot, he also spoke a foreign language? After about six minutes, the student left, I glanced back at Miles to see he was already looking at me, I walked over to him

"I didn't know you speak spanish" he shrugged, "There's a lot of things you don't know about me"

I chuckled softly before talking again. "So how do you know Spanish?" "I'm half puerto rican, from my mom's side" I smiled "Me too, I speak Spanish as well" His eyes widened "Looks like we have something in common then."

The bell rings and I get off the fountain "What's your first period?" I asked in case I could walk him to class, "English" he simply answered, My smile grew bigger as i offered to walk to class with him "Mine too, let's walk together."

He put his phone back in his pocket and we started walking to class. As we entered the class, i saw some girls glare at me as we walked in together,

I spotted Lily in the row before the last and invited Miles to sit next to us. We sat down and Miles took out his books, Lily turned to face me with her usual stupid grin "How was it being with the new kid?" She rested her chin on her palm and nudged me. "Shut up, we were just walking around school"

She sighed and sat up properly "Come on, you barely pay attention to the boys here. You need to loosen up and besides, he's just perfect. Look at him." I bit my lip and glanced back at Miles, he looked so peaceful as he flipped through the pages of his textbook. I shook my head the moment the teacher walked into the classroom and started the lesson.

After school, Lily and I walked in front of the building, as usual, Lily was talking about the hot boys at our school but this time it was about Miles and I couldn't help but feel a bit irritated, "Are you ever going to stop talking about him, Lily?", "Of course not, he's just so hot" I rolled my eyes as I leaned on a pole waiting for my dad to pick me up. "Miles literally smells like coconut and his hair, oh my god, his hair is-"

I zoned out as I looked up and saw Miles walking towards us. "Hey, guys. Kayla, Can I ask you a question?", I smirked "You just did" he chuckled "Me das tu numero?"("Can i have your number?")

My eyes widened slightly and froze. And i asked "What?" he walked a bit closer but not enough to be in my personal space as he repeated "Can i have your number?" Lily stood behind me, looking confused because she didn't speak Spanish. I pulled out my phone and we exchanged numbers. He smiled and gave me a wink before walking away.

, "What the actual hell was that?!" I jumped after Lily shouted "It's nothing", "Come on, you know I can't understand shit in Spanish" She crossed her arms,

just then, my dad pulled up next to us, the loud music could be heard from a mile away "Papa stop! You're embarrassing me!" I complained as Lily and I got in the car from the backseat.

                                        I know this chapter is very long I'm sorry