Chapter 3

Sitting on the couch, looking between Lily and Miles I cleared my throat "He was just about to leave actually" I turned to face Miles

"Right, Miles?" He nodded "Only if you give me a slice of pizza first" He smirked as i rolled my eyes and got up "How many slices do you want?" I asked as Lily followed behind me to the kitchen "Two please"

I gave him a thumbs up before Lily whispered "Why is he here? What did you two do?" She asked excitedly "History homework, he needed help." Lily looked back into the living room before nudging me "Are you sure?" I put two slices of pizza in a plate and glared at her "I'm positive, L" "Whatever you say" She said before walking back to the living room to Miles.

I walked out of the kitchen a minute later and handed Miles his pizza "Gracias" He said sitting up on the couch. Lily looked him up and down before speaking "Why do you are so comfortable around Kayla?" I turned my head to look at her "She's cool. I like her" Lily's eyes widened "You like her?!" I hit her shoulder and he chuckled "Not like that. She's a great friend"

Lily's face drops and for some reason i felt disappointed, "Ok" Lily said awkwardly, Miles handed me the empty plate and stood up "Im gonna go now, I have basketball practice. See you guys at school on Monday."

We both stayed silent as we watched him walk out the door. "What the actual hell?" Lily said shocked "I thought he liked you" I stayed silent before speaking up

"We're friends. Chill out" Lily looked up at me and raised an eyebrow "I know you like him, at least a little bit" I pushed her playfully and smiled "Shut up" "Ha, i knew it."

We continued to go back and forth as we walked back to the kitchen to get more pizza.