The Truth

Percy POV

"Percy honey, come down for breakfast. I have made your favourite blue pancakes!" Came Sally Jackson's voice.

Percy who was previously sleeping soundly in his bed with some drool leaking out of his mouth was awake and running out of his room when he heard the word ' blue pancakes'. He didn't even bother to change out of his finding nemo pajamas.

He skidded into the kitchen and hugged his mother saying "Good Morning mamá!" "Good morning Percy" she replied and put a stack of freshly made pancakes in front of him.

"Do you remember what today is?" His mom asked. "Ummm no?" He said sheepishly and paused stuffing his face to look at his mom, "Honey today is your birthday!" Sally exclaimed smiling widely "And I also have a gift for you!"

She went out of the kitchen most likely to fetch the gift while leaving Percy to finish his pancakes which he did by aggressively stuffing his face with them while thinking about his gift and his birthday and how he still is in his pajamas and the blue sky outside the window and...........stupid ADHD!

Just as he finished his breakfast, his mother came into the kitchen holding a long package, she held it out for him and said, "Happy Birthday Percy! Here's your gift"

He tore the wrapping paper to find a.....broom? Confused he looked at his mom who was smiling and asked "A BROOM! Mamááá is this a joke! I was so excited!" He said pouting all the while.

His mom sat at the dining table across from him and said, "No baby, this is not a joke, it is an actual flying magic broom. Percy listen closely, all those stories I tell you about witches and wizards and a school for them and flying brooms? They are all real not just stories. Percy, I am a witch and you are a wizard. I have gone to a school in Britain for people like us and as today is your 11th birthday, it is time for you to receive your letter too" as she explained all this Percy sat there looking at her with an expression which can only be described as dumbstruck. Finally snapping out of his stupor, he started jumping up and down in his seat excitedly and exclaimed,"Do you have a waaandddd!!!!"

"Yes I have"Sally replied laughing and brandished a wooden stick which is actually a wand and then just for fun said lumos and the tip of her wand lightened up. "Woahhhhh" Percy whisper-yelled wide-eyed.

Just then an owl crashed through their kitchen window and landed in front of his mom. She gently took a envelop from its beak and kept a bowl of water in front of it. After drinking the water and staring into Percy's soul,it flew out of the same window.

"That wasn't creepy at all" Percy said. His mother only laughed and handed him the envelop. In front of the envelop was a weird crest with a badger,raven,snake and lion. He opened the envelop and removed the letter from inside it .

The enevelop stated:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

HeadmasterAlbus Dumbledore(Order of MerlinFirst ClassGrand Sorc.Chf. Warlock,
Supreme MugwumpInternational Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr Jackson,We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.Term begins on 1 September . We await your owl by no later than 31 July.Yours sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

Percy then saw another page protruding from the envelop, taking it out he saw that it was the list of things:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain
work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magicby Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theoryby Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to  Transfigurationby Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungiby Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potionsby Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Themby Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protectionby Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-PocusChief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

Percy just about read half of it and then handed it back to his mom and asked her the question that was nagging him since he started reading the letter, "Mom, how come I was able to read this letter? I am dyslexic so I should not be able to read it."

"That is true Perce but you are a wizard so due to magic, you are able to read this letter and will be able to read all the books written by a witch or a wizard. " Sally said smiling at her son.

"Well pack your bags Percy i will write to Minerva and then we have to leave for England!"She said.

"Why now mom? Doesn't the school start in September?" He asked confused.

"Yes, but i want to show you my childhood home and we also have to buy all the supplies. Besides it takes 7 days to reach London from New York on a boat so we should leave now. I have booked our tickets"

"Boat? Why not a plane mom?" Percy asked.

"You know how my parents died in a plane crash baby, I am not comfortable in a plane so boat it is and besides I know you love being in the sea so what's the loss?" She replied but her smile was a little strained this time, however Percy ignored it and started in the direction of his room when he suddenly remembered-

"HOGWARTS!!! Seriously!" He exclaimed and started laughing.

"Percy!" His mom chided smiling, seriously he never wants his mom to stop smiling.

"Ok ok I am not laughing"he said going to his room laughing all the way.

"Boys these days"His mother said shaking her head.

And so the mother son duo embarked on a journey to a whole new world in London.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Anddddd here's another chapterrrr
Hope you like it.
Signing out...
lifeof_reading.