Another Jackson

Severus POV (bet you did not expect this):

When I first saw Percy, I thought he looked kinda like me scrawny with black hair though his was windswept, hunched figure. The only difference was his sea green eyes which when looked closer into seemed like rolling oceans and his easygoing attitude.

Perhaps that is why just after a few days of meeting him and listening to him apologizing, I actually befriended him and we soon began to act kind of like brothers.

And that is also why I was anxious but not scared when Percy spotted my scars.

"Sev? What happened?" Percy's voice brought me out of my musings and I blinked at his concerned face. His eyes held worry I realised with a start, worry for me!

"It's nothing, you wouldn't understand either way" I said not looking at either him or Lily because I knew Lily's eyes would hold disappointment and Percy's hurt.

"I do actually" startled I looked at him hoping that what I was thinking was not true. That he had not been-

Oh

Percy had pulled up the sleeve of his shirt to show his arms which were littered with scars like mine but maybe even worse. The faded whiteness they were gaining said that those scars were old and he had not gained any new ones in atleast a year but they still popped out in contrast to his tan skin.

"No-" Lily gasped and covered her mouth with her hands staring wide eyed at Percy. My own eyes were wide and I am sure my mouth was hanging open.

"You see Sev, I actually do understand you because I have gone through it too. Now, tell me who abused you?" I looked in his eyes for the first time and was startled to find so much determination in them. The green orbs were darker and churning, promising pain. I gulped.

"My...father, he is a alcoholic and likes to hit me. He.....blames me for my mother's........for her....death" I said I was sure my voice had cracked multiple times especially on the last word.

Then something strange happened.

The pipes all around the town burst. Water spewed everywhere like fountains soaking anyone in and around the neighborhood. Screams from different houses indicated that the pipes inside the houses had also burst.

Lily screamed and I was not very far behind then Lily looked at Percy prompting me to look at him too and he looked to be in a trance-like state.

Blimley! Percy had done accidental magic because of his intense anger! For me!

I tried to calm him down and with Lily's help managed to do so after a few minutes.

"Are you alright Percy? That was one hell of an accidental magic mate!" I asked him both worried and excited at the same time. Lily was just looking at his pale face.

"I don't think he is alright Sev" she muttered to me to which I shrugged and looked towards Percy expectantly for an answer.

"Yes.....I am fin-" and then he swayed and fell face down on the (thankfully) soft grass.

Lily yelped and rushed forward while I did the same and together we heaved him up.

After a brief discussion and multiple attempts to rouse our unconscious friend, we decided to take him home.

We knocked on the Jackson house which was opened by a kind looking young woman with brown hair and light blue eyes. Her eyes turned worried in a second though as she took in her son.

"What happened!?" She exclaimed and ushered them inside taking Percy from them and supporting his weight on her own. She laid him down on a couch and told them to sit too. Then she took out her wand and started chanting a spell and water sprinkled from the tip of the wand on his face and Percy woke up with a start.

Once he was settled and introductions were made, Sally Jackson asked the million dollar question,"What happened?"

"Sally, Percy used accidental magic to blow up the pipes." Lily said. Sally had told them to not call her Madam or mam and just Sally.

"It was you! The incident is all over the news mi hijo! Here, see" with that Sally waved her wand and the television set that I did not notice until now lit up and there was an image of their soaked neighbourhood.

The reporter reported that all the pipes of their neighborhood had burst and many houses suffered minor flooding but one house in particular which I recognized as my abuser's house had flooded completely and because he keeps all the windows and doors boarded up (no one should see what I am doing to you now should they? ) and was drunk, he died. Though he had never registered me as his son so no one knew that I also lived (read:was kept against my will) in that house. There was a big case against the government due to this incident because everyone had chalked it up as some freak accident from their side.

I was very satisfied even if I was homeless now but that beater was finally dead! I would never have to see his face again!

Sally looked horrified and turned to me," Oh my gods! Severus! Is that your father? I am so sorry!"she looked ready to cry as did Percy.

To reassure them I patted Percy's shoulder seeing as he was sitting beside me and also because patting an adult's shoulder seems weird, and said,"Don't worry about it Sally. This all happened in the first place because I told Percy how my father had been abusing me since I learned to walk because he blamed me for my mother's death. Percy became angry and everything happened. I am actually very glad that he is dead and he had never registered me in the government records, so no one would be looking for me. The only problem is that I am homeless. But atleast I am away from that pig."

Sally's expressions changed by the speed of a rollercoaster sorry to angry to distaste to utter hate to pity and then determination.

Percy's eyes flashed and he turned towards me mouth set in a straight line,"What do you mean homeless? Mom will adopt you! You are already like a brother to me! The government does not need to know, she will adopt you in the wizarding world..........won't you mamá?" Percy's voice took on an unsure tone at the end but my eyes were stinging. No one and I mean no one had ever cared for me like Percy does. He really is like my brother.

"Si, cariño ofcourse I will adopt Severus. And you say you are already like brothers. Severus, if you don't mind then I would like to adopt you in the wizarding world. Your last name will still be Snape but you can be part of the Jackson family.

Tears were flowing down my face, never in my life had anyone cared for me like the Jacksons. I made it known.

"Yes! Please adopt me!" I did not care that I sounded desperate, I was desperate.

"Then it will be done tomorrow, you can start living with us from today itself, tomorrow we will all go to Diagon alley to purchase your school stuff, Minerva had contacted me to tell that she will come tomorrow for buying your stuff Lily. We will all go together and once there we will go to Gringgots, from there we can go to the Minestey to adopt you Sev." Sally said.

Me and Lily nodded and she left to go home while I was sitting on the couch awkwardly.

"What are you waiting for Sev? Come on! Let's go eat dinner!!" Percy said grinning from ear to ear as he led me towards the kitchen.

I smiled and thought to myself, well Severus, welcome to your new and improved life.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~~~~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~~~~~•

That's another one!!
Next chapter will be Diagon ally!!

Comment if you like it!
Not a single comment so far, I'm saddd😖

Anyway,
Signing out-
lifeof_reading