∞ 7

It was the day of test series last match. Ishan, too, was present in the stadium but had concealed his face with mask on Hardik's order.

It was India vs Sri Lanka match.

The opposite team won the toss and elected to bat. This time Rohit and Yashasvi opened. Shubman was on fourth number as Virat was on third position.

The start was good but then Rohit's wicket fell at the starting of third over.

Now Virat took over the crease with Jaiswal. They made a good partnership of 100 runs. But next wicket was Jaiswal and then it was Shubman on the pitch.

Ishan was extremely delighted to see him. Yes he was cheering for the Indian team but seeing Shubman out there playing hit him differently. It was another level of proudness and satisfaction. He was so actively cheering whenever Shubman hit a six or four.

And Shubman, too felt happy seeing his best friend backing and supporting him. It was like a booster for him, and he started to raining sixes and fours, hitting boundaries on every possible ball.

And when the innings ended, the score to chase was 350/4. Shubman completed his century, Virat made 80 runs, Jaiswal and Devdutt made half centuries each and others also Dhruv finished off in style. There was a loud roar of cheers from the Indian crowd. 

After a break of 30 minutes, second innings started. The Sri Lankan team did have a good start but after 10 overs wicket started to fall. They were all out with a score of 200/8.

In the evening, the team decided to celebrate victory party.

So all the boys got ready and met near the pool side where the party was arranged. Everyone was enjoying themselves to the fullest.

Ishan was having fun with Shubman and the juniors.

Hardik just looked at his baby and felt happy to be blessed to have him in their life. His heart shuddered reminiscing the time when Ishan got into accident. It was a horrible nightmare for him. But now he looks at Ishan, his heart burst with joy. He decided it was time Ishan learns the truth and decides their punishment himself.

Around three hours later, when they were lounging after the high from the party, Hardik decided it was time.

" Guys attention please. I just realised my mistake and want to apologise. I know what I did was wrong but that time I did what I felt was right. " Leaving Ishan, everyone stilled realising what Hardik was speaking. Taking a deep breath, Hardik continued. " Ishu, baby I hid a big truth from you. I know it was wrong on my part but please understand my point of view. The thing is - "

" That I'm a cricketer. A left-hand wicketkeeper batsman. " Ishan replied shocking everyone.

Hardik looked at his blank face and was scared. What if Ishan hates him ?? What if he never forgives him ??

" H..how yo...u "

" I remembered it long time ago. When I can back I ignored them because I was hurt and upset due to them, not because I didn't remember anything. "

Rohit and Shubman had tears in their eyes thinking now Ishan will hate them. He will leave them for forever. He will not forgive them.

Feeling ashamed each looked down not able to hold eye-contact with him. They blamed themselves for his condition.

" You know I never wanted to face them again. Never wanted to forgive them but I saw their condition while watching match. I saw Shubman not celebrating his aggressive victory style. Rohit bhaiya and Virat bhai just smiling at their celebration. "

He said looking at each one of their faces. 

" So I wanted to come and know what was actually happening in the team. "

He saw them looking at him in surprise. He smiled slightly before turning to Hardik. The continued speaking, letting his feelings out.

" But then I saw the condition of the team. I saw regret and guilt filled eyes of Shubman and Rohit bhaiya always looking at me. In these three days I saw how much Shubman cried for his bestfriend. I saw how Rohit bhaiya missed his Ishu. I saw the team missing their team ki Jaan. "

There was pindrop silence. But it was not uncomfortable.

" I know Hardik bhai, whatever you did was to save me, to protect me. And you don't have to apologise. " He said hugging Hardik.

Rohit, too wanted that hug, those consolation. But he knows he lost those rights. He knows that he hurt his kiddo and does not deserve his forgiveness. He knows he will never be in Hardik's place.

But his train of thoughts were halted by a pair of arms wrapped around him.

It was so warm and postive filled. So comforting. And he very well knows the owner of these hugs. The last straw of his dam broke. He cried hugging his kiddo, apologising profusely.

" I'm so sorry kiddo. I'm really sorry. Please apne bhaiya ko maaf karde Ishu. Aage se pakka aise hurt nhi karunga, kabhi nhi. Wada karta hu, last chance de de. " He spoke stuttering and crying.

" I know bhaiya, I know. Shh... It's okay. I'm not mad I promise. Apne galti ki, regret Kara and accepted it, and not everyone can do this. I love you bhaiya and I promise kabhi nhi chor ke jaunga abb. "

Ishan broke the hug and passed Rohit his bright smile. Then he turned to the next person on the list, his best friend. Shubman unable to meet the eyes fell on his knees hugging Ishan by his waist and buried his face in the elders stomach.

" I'm sorry Ishu. Mai tere maafi ke kaabil bhi nhi hu but I'm really sorry. Mai janta hu mujhse bara chutiya koi nhi h. I shouldn't have ignored you jab tujhe meri sabse jyada zaroorat thi. I behaved like a jerk and I do deserve some slaps but please try to forgive me. Mai kuch bhi karne ko ready hi. "

Ishan was almost in tears hearing Shubman. And he knows that time even his Shubi was trolled and looked down. Even he was stressed to handle Ishan.

" Bas meri jaan, kitna roega. Hogya abb. Uss wakt tu bhi stressed tha aur hogai tujhse galti. Saant ho jaa Shubi. I forgive you baby. It's alright now.

After a while of whole ' asking forgiveness ' session the team calmed down. The juniors witnessed a really heartwarming reunion and pure bonds of heart.

" Acha bohat hogya Rona dona, the night is still young guys. " Shreyas cheered.

And then everyone celebrated grandly. It was the celebration of victory. Victory over the obstacles laid to test the pure bonds of heart. A bond of friendship and brotherhood.

It was a overwhelming and emotional night for everyone. At last, their team ki Jaan, their Ishu was back to them.

*********************************
The end.

Now epilogue and bonus chapters will be updated slowly but surely. I hope you guys enjoyed this.

Now I'll start another book called
' innocent eyes '. Hope you like it and shower the same amount of love you did on all of my other books.

And of course you know, votes and comments are must cuz they inspire us.