13 - MORE

ASTRID'S POV:

I waited for him to say anything, anything else to break the tension between us.

There was nothing I could do.

My chest rose and fell as I clutched the railing, feeling the intensity of the moment.

He brushed his thumb against my lower lip, parting my lips slightly. "Understood?" I nodded, holding a weak hand to his chest in attempt to push him away, but he ignored my efforts, breathing his way down my neck.

"W-What are you doing?" My breath hitched in my throat while I did my best to suppress the warmth slowly enveloping my cheeks.

"You tell me."

Tilting my chin up, he locked eyes with me, his emerald gaze which I hated so dearly, delving deep into my soul.

Didn't he just threaten to kill me?

I struggled underneath his grip, but to my luck, the elevator doors mercifully opened, and I slipped away from his grasp, dodging him.

What the hell was that?

He couldn't have been... flirting with me?

I shook my head.

Hes probably just playing a part to get some dumb reaction out of me.

Not that any of it mattered anyway.

I was going to kill him soon.

Silently, he guided me to the infirmary, a place that reminded me of a full blown hospital ward.

He pushed me forward. "Get on the bed." My eyes searched his for an answer. "No wait- what are you gonna do to me!" Ignoring my protests, he propped me up and onto the infirmary bed.

"Take off your pants, the fabric keeps getting in the way." He grabbed some alcohol pads from the shelf and bandages to help stop the bleeding.

"There's no fucking way I'm going to let you see me half naked!" He moved closer to me. "You really think I'm interested in you? I'm not that pathetic." I gritted my teeth. "D-Don't touch me you dumb whore!" "Quiet." Holding my thighs down firmly, he inspected my injury while my body stiffened. "Do you really want to die Astrid? You can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

I bit my lip, gazing down at my wound.

When did it get so bad?

He did have a point though;

I averted my eyes.

losing more blood was not an option.

Doing as I was told, I slipped my pants over my legs and after a moment of awkward silence, I started to play at his nerves again.

"So... where's the doctor or are you feeling a little bit on the heroic side today?" "Tch," he scowled, our eyes meeting briefly. "You think you're the only patient in here?" I paused. "No..."

"Exactly." He tore open more alcohol pads from the box by his side. "This is gonna sting."

As soon as he applied pressure to my wound, I cried out, writhing in pain, but it was futile.

"What the- OUCH! FUCK IT HURTS! DAMON, MAKE IT STOP!" Ignoring my pleas, he refused to even look me in the eye. "Please Damon..." I begged, but he remained unfazed, replacing the soaked pad with a fresh one from the box.

"No... what are you doing! D-Damon!" I tried to wriggle my legs out of his grasp but the pressure was too much. "Tch." Finally meeting my gaze, he spoke, his emerald eyes unwavering. "Have you never gotten cut before?! It needs to get fucking cleaned! I told you it was gonna hurt Astrid."

"I know but... I.." as if anticipating my hesitation, he extended his muscular arm out in front of me.

"Why are you giving me your arm?" I stared at him blankly. Boy if you don't get this shit out my face. "You can't be serious." He rolled his eyes as if I should've already understood what he was getting at. "What?" He ran his hand back through his hair. "If it starts to hurt, squeeze it tightly."

"F-fine." Forcing every bone in my body to trust him, I did whatever I could to relax myself before he started to apply another one.

"Ready?" I nodded hesitantly, but clearly I didn't actually mean it. For reference, it only took about three more seconds before I cried out again. "NO, DAMON IT BURNS! STOP. PLEASE!" He shook his head. "You know I can't do that Astrid," so I clutched his arm tightly, digging my fingernails into his arm until I started to relax.

"How was that?" After cleaning the rest of my wound, he discarded the used alcohol pad into the garbage. Exhaling, in relief, I noticed all the red marks I pierced into his arm.

"Much better...but-" he interrupted my apology. "Shut up, will you? I'm almost done." Swiftly, he wrapped the bandages around my leg, with features that I found to be so mesmerizing.

How weird.

I laughed aloud.

Damon is...

An asshole, but at times he can be caring.

Someone who tries to act annoyed but secretly loves it when I get on his nerves.

And probably most accurately, infuriating yet undeniably attractive.

He might be the mafia, but he's still just a man.

"Damon." "Hm?" he got up from his position towering right over me. "Damon..." I whispered out his name while my mouth tried to form the words 'thank you' but for some reason couldn't.

It was weird.

My eyelids started to grow heavy, my thoughts fading, feeling a strange sense of imbalance creeping in.

Black dots begin to crowd my vision as I stood there shakily, follow by extreme lightheadedness.

Right before my brain completely blanks out, I feel the same strong arms catch my hips just before I was about to make harsh contact with the ground. "You really should be in bed." I groan at the sound of his voice, not sure what came over me. "I know... I'm weak all over."

Somehow I make out a sound somewhere outside, somehow past the windows, maybe even in the bushes. "Someone's watching..." I could sense that proud smirk of his, "Always."

I could've been imagining it, but it felt like he pulled a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Not bad Astrid."

My body finally went limp.

"You really did pick up on that huh?"